Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Jet Moto 150 review!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Moto 150 review!

Im here to let YOU GUYS KNOW about the jet moto 150 i ordered for my wife received it late on Friday and started taking it out of the metal crate. I started looking it over and was impressed with the overall look of quality in this atv. Upon further examination i noticed the welds to be better than your typical chinese atv i was very impressed with the quality i am somewhat of a picky person. I started TO ASSEMBLE IT the shocks springs looked to be heavy duty and the a arms a nice thickness. Than i started to mount the wheels those of you who are thinking of this atv should get the wheel spacers to widen the stance it makes a HUGE DIFF!!!!!!! After i assembled it i changed the oil to 10/40 and checked all the bolts the bolts are of a higher grade than any other import (china) atv that i have seen. I checked out the plastic and it also is of higher quality it is flexible!!After changing the oil i fired it up it started immediately t had a nice sond nice rumble to it i let it warm up and took it for a lttle ride,smooth power and i swear to you guys the ride on this suspension will shock you you would swear you are riding a much more expensive atv no bull!! I tried the reverse and this is probably the only thing i didnt like about the whole atv was the reverse mechanism there is a lever on the left side you have to move forward to put in reverse and notch it back to the middle for forward. Another thing that was a little bothersome was the turning radius of it because of the wider stance i fixed that and moved the stoppers out of the way problem was fixed tunes much better now!!!!! Getting back to the wheel spacers dont think about them get them this atv is incredibly stable and not the least bit tippy !!!! After riding this atv for just a few minutes it felt like i was on a way more expensive atv..... This atv is worth every penny period!!!!!!!!! It will change the way you feel about the Chinese Imports they are that good!!!!!!!! I will give you guys much more info with more seat time on it but so far a BIG THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2006, 05:28 AM
Range Rover

Thats excellent news! Id love to hear more as you learn more, the information is appreciated.

Old 03-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

Hey guys just getting back to you on further review of the Jetmoto 150. I honestly could say with out hessitation that this is the best 150 cc on the market for the price. It is perfect for a biginning teen our a woman with out question dollar for dollar its a green light big thumbs up! I think for an experianced rider its not for you i have a brand new Suzuki ltz400 and when i get on t he 150 it really needs more zip for me but for somone not into mega power it would be a very good choice! NICE JOB JET MOTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-16-2006, 08:31 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks for the review BMazz007! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ive decided to let my thread on the 150 die and post info here. No need for 2 threads about the same quad and I dont actually own a 150 but will be keeping a eye on 2 of them.

Here is my post in that thread. And socalman feel free to cut and past your post from that thread and put it in here too if you want. Then Ill delete that whole thread.

[ I got a couple of these 150 quads for a friend of mine. He bought them for his 2 daughters. 14 and 17 if I remember right. My oldest son is putting them together for him and I was watching. The suspension is identical to the 200 quad, I was wondering if they would use different parts. I havent taken any measurements to see if its the same size as the 200, but I will do that today. It looks close. My son got one of them running last nite. It fired up with no problem and purred like a kitten. We let it idle for about 5 minutes and turned it off. Then fired it up again a couple of minutes later and let it idle for about 10 minutes and turned it off again. We didnt get a chance to ride it at all, but the girls are going to be there today and they should get quite a work out. Ill report on what ever happens. It does use a much different carb than the Yamoto 150 and a lot of people had problems with that carb. So far this carb works perfect. Im going to leave in the chinese spark plug and see how long they last. Once again Im impressed with the overall quality of the quad. These quads wont be used by me but will be stored next to where I rent shop space. So I will definitely get to keep tabs on them and let everyone know what happens. ]

The 150s now have a few hours on them and are running flawless. I like tha fact that the choke isnt spring loaded on the 150's like it is on the 200. Much easier to use. Now for my one complaint, whoever is putting the holes in the plates that go under the engine needs to recheck his numbers. Oil goes all over that plate on the 150's when you drain it. On the 200 you can cut the 2 holes into one big slot but this doesnt help the 150. Not a real big deal but a little annoying. And worth mentioning to me.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer

Great idea mywifesquad,
Here is my thread that I began and currently am a day away from getting both the 90cc Kazuma mini falcon and the 125cc Jetmoto quads!!!!
Does anyone have any experience with the Jetmoto 125cc quad from Raceway? It looks pretty tough so I just purchased one waiting for delivery and was just wondering what to expect. This is a new quad for my ten year old so if anyone has any suggestions or experience with this quad I would love to hear. Also I just bought a 90cc Kazuma for my 6 year old, both from raceway and so far so good they were really good over the phone to answer all my questions with no pressure of getting me off of the phone. Any tips on either of these quads, I was thinking about getting the wheel spacers for the mini falcon but I'll wait to get it and assembled to see if I still want to get them.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer

Here's my post on mywifesquad's thread,
One more day before delivery!!! Can't wait to get the quad and assemble them!! I plan on giving myself about a week to fully assemble them cause from everything I have read they need to be gone through before riding. I heard from John at Racewayatv.com that they are in the process of writing there own manual for the quads they sell and send them out to everyone they have sold to, I just can't believe that none of the Government Agency's haven't already regulated this type of thing for sale of products in the US!!! Well, not to get all wound up I am really excited to get delivery of the two quads and post everything about them!!! The 125cc Jetmoto looks really competitive from the picture and the specs to a lot of the name brand ones, so we'll see how they hold up to my Z400!!! Settin the bar high[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Keep us updated as the riding season kicks in to full gear.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:58 AM
Trailblazer

Update on my Kazuma 90 mini falcon....
shipping took less than a week from the day I ordered it to get here,
tracking the shipment was very easy and I talked to a person each time I called within minutes,
It arrived to my house the guy even pushed it up hill on his cart into my garage,
Box looked pretty beat up so the delivery guy asked me to open it and check it out, it seemed fine but he suggested that I note the box and the condition just in case and gave me a receipt,
Taking the quad out by myself was kinda tough because it had no wheels on it at the time but with a dolly and my six year old to hold it from moving away I got it onto it and assembled the wheels in no time at all,
No instructions on assemblying the quad made it a litte difficult but there's so little to put together it really was no problem, pretty much it was just the wheels, battery and handle bar adjustment and that's it

I really like the look and stance of this quad, I dont know if I'm going to put spacers on it yet but for now it looks great just like it is. I'll have a better idea once I see my son ride it but I think it will be fine with or without because it's wider than the 50 and 70cc's. It's all around a neat looking little quad big enough for my six year old for a couple of years without being unsafe. Tommorrow is the day I go through the quad, so far I have plan on the following:
[1]loctite for all 8 and 10mm bolts and nuts[/list][2][/list]Liquid electrical tape and heatshrink tubing for waterproofing all electrics and connectors
[3][/list]10-W40 Synthetic oil to replace the existing oil

Let me know if I have left anything out in preparing the quad for my son, he's going crazy to ride it but I am doing everything to make it the best quality I can before I let him loose on it. More update tommrrow when I do the work on the quad....

Old 03-17-2006, 09:47 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

socalman, It sounds like youve got a good plan. the only thing i would suggest now after putting a few of these together is to put each of the 4 tires on a 5 gallon bucket. It gets the quad off the ground so you can scoot around it in a chair. I use a old office chair with wheels. It makes the loctite part easier since you wont have to be bent over for a while.

Old 03-18-2006, 02:02 AM
Trailblazer

Well I think this quad is going back for an exchange due to some damage during shipping and so John from Racewayatv.com has everything taken care of and will be sending a truck to pick up this one and sending another one come Monday, it's a bummer but it's also good to know there is still that kind of customer service!!!! Thanks John @ Racewayatv.com....Well, one other thing, when I first put fuel into the tank and turned the engine over it just kept turning and turning but would not fire up. Any ideas why this would happen and what is the fix????

Quick Reply: Jet Moto 150 review!