Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Need help with Redcat VX-200

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Redcat VX-200

TrailPatrol

What dose your plug look like black- rich mixture, white=lean mixture or brown= correct mixture
if white don't run much till you fix it you'll blow a hole in the top of your piston ? Red exhaust sounds like maybe lean mixture.

nitrox

P.S. e-mail parts@redcatmotors they will help with some tech questions

Old 07-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Pulled the plug today and it looks perfect tan to brown. I'm pretty happy with the way it's running now. My only complaint is that it still bogs down when I punch the throttle from idle. New Question.......Has anyone put bigger tires on one of these? I'm riding alot of dirt roads that are quite rocky and have some good size boulders sticking out of the ground. I was thinking a couple more inches of ground clearance plus bigger tires would make for a smoother ride over these tough spots. Thanks for all the great information!

Old 07-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer

Hay TP ,

Bigger tires may change your setup like more top speed snd less low end power ??? I know tire size change on a car puts your speedometer off.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Sir,
Ditch the carb... save time! Read all this stuff...I said it in 3 words...DITCH THE CARB! Or easier it is a POS! SEADAWG

Old 07-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Trailblazer

smb005

On my buddys Redcat DPX 200cc his carb problem was a bad carb the dealer put 4 carbs on it and they all leaked gas running and shut down. the tech dept. at Redcat found they had a bunch of carbs that had a plug missing from the side that caused the overflow problem. Thet tested it at the factory and found the problem then sent a good one to the dealer "PROBLEM FIXED"

P.S. THe USFS says that Redcat exhaust spark arrestors are not approved for United States Forest Service riding areas. I talked with the ranger station at the Ocala National Forest they told me you will get a fine for not having a stamped and approved arrestor. No Redcat units meet there requirments.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Sir,
Once he got the carb fixed, how has that quad been? I gave my buddy's a thumbs up on this quad and would like to hear from more. In Washington/Oregon areas...the muffler is stamped with the spark arrestor info. SEADAWG

Old 07-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nitrox,

Glad to hear that your buddy solved his problem with his carb. As far as the silencer goes, to my knowledge, most, if not all of the Chinese quad silencers are not certified by the USFS. I changed out my Chinese silencer to a Big Gun to avoid any problems.

Since you spoke to the Ranger, will you and your buddy be changing out your silencers? What did the Ranger say? Did he give you a dollar figure for riding with the non-certified silencer, if you are fined? I am just curious. Always wondered what the fine was. Me, I just put a certified silencer on, one to be on the safe side and two so that I can always say, I complied for safety's sake. Why possibly pay a high fine or be found in non-compliance when a fire started.

Seadawg,

It's not that I don't believe you, but I can't believe a Chinese quad came equipped with a USFS silencer. To date, I haven't seen a stock one come approved. Can you post a picture of the RedCat DPX200 silencer showing the stamped certification? That way maybe Nitrox will have an idea on what to talk to the manufacturer and maybe get the same thing. Also, I am interested in seeing it. That is so cool that your buddy's is certified. At least he saved money in not having to purchase a new silencer.
Luck

SB

Old 07-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Trailblazer

Seadawg. I was at the Redcat ,Kazuma dealers yesterday they had 6 of each on the floor no stamps on any of them.
DPX200
We took it out for 2 hrs last night it ran like a charm the new carb didn't leak gas running or parked. It has more power from 0 to 100% throttle . There is 1 hill we try to climb the 250 cc up can make it (big 4 atv.s ) my VX150 makes it 90% to the top like the 200 did. Now the 200 walks right up to the top pic's of our riding area

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...n/SAND%20PITS/

sandpit2a.jpg is the hill its about 35 deg and 75 ft to 80 ft high. when my new jets and CVT rollers come in I'll eat the hill to.

nitrox

P.S. Hay smb005 the ranger said it's UP TO a $500 fine

Old 07-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer

Was your Boreem 150 you put the exhaust arrestor on? What one and how much$$$.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

nitrox,

The silencer came off one of my CRF 150's, it is a Big Gun Race Pipe. If i remember correctly when I bought the pipe back in 2004 it was around $250.00. Look on e-bay, I'm sure you can find something that will work for a lot cheaper.

Good Luck,

SB.

Quick Reply: Need help with Redcat VX-200