Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Jetmoto 125 update

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto 125 update

If anyone is interested, my son's Jetmoto 125 has performed extremely well for the price. It's been up and running for about 3 months, most of his riding consists of tearing up the back 2 acres fo my yard, which is by no means flat and smooth. The only issue I've had was with a materlink clip getting rubbed off by the chain guard on the tranny, from what I've seen with some of the chinese quads those guards are never quite fitted properly. The suspension is a little stiff, which I expected. It still turns over on the first crank and idles very well. I not by anymeans a mechanic, nor have I had to create any mods to keep it up and running. Overall for the price of this unit I would grade it an A. I don't sell them, nor do I have any interest in how the new joint venture goes with Raceway. Take it for what it's worth if you looking to get one.

Marc

Old 06-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

imesinga,

When you say the suspension is stiff, is it both the front and rear springs that are stiff or just the rear with the spring being mounted almost vertical? I went and looked at the 125 and 200's at a local dealer and also found the rear shock to be stiff with little travel in it.

How many hours do you think your son has on the quad?

When I got my quad the chain guard was one of the first things I removed along with the stickers and decals. As far as the battery goes, I have had my Chinese quad almost a year now and my Chinese battery is still going strong. Haven't had to put it on a charger yet.

My quad also starts on the first or second try. Here is the thing, I have put a lot of time and upgrades into my quad, fortunately for you, you have not. That is a big plus for you. Before I even did any of my mod's, I had idling and cold start issues. After the mod's, I created a lean condition that I then had to correct.

Good to hear that your Jetmoto 125 is performing well for your son.

SB.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

The rear is definately stiff, the front is also. At least I feel it could be a little softer. He's probably got about 40-50 hours on it, he's on the damn thing everyday. Which sux with the current gas prices. The weather here in SW Georgia probably helps with idle, almost always warm, only cold a couple of months. Just my experience with it, like I said.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:05 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks for the review imesinga, I have noticed the 125 has different/stiffer suspension than the 150 and 200 has. I guess it was to keep the cost down? I wonder how much a set of shocks from the 150/200 would cost? And did you back off the spring preload at all? Mine has the preload set in the middle on both the front and rear shocks.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer

Didn't need to, mine were all the way out when I got it.