Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

QUAD FOR MY 2 YEAR OLD

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 03:58 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default QUAD FOR MY 2 YEAR OLD

Originally posted by: flyinscrammy
When I read the title I was going to recommend a great manufacturer of 4 wheelers for 2 year olds.............................................. .......................PowerWheels.......

Watching my boy trying to ridehis PW's while sitting backwards or one handed, he may never get his sister's quad.

I started my daughter right before she turned 6. No regrets. She's still scared of it. And I think that's a good thing. I still give her lots of instruction and keep her in my site at all times. She's bumped the back of mine twice because she tries to follow too close. Other then that, no wrecks in over 2 years.

On the other hand, Mr. No-fear half makes me want to sell the quads before he's big enough to ride hers.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mr. No-Fear....yeah I have one of those as well. He was doing donuts on his Powerwheels Ninja when he was four going down our steep driveway. He has a little more respect for the quad now at 8, but still needs lots of reminders. Crashed it for the first time a few weeks ago.
Had it upsided down...he was OK, but was more worried if he was grounded because of it and would not be able to ride. LOL!

Now I just need new handlebars for the Desert Cat.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya there are alot of parents out there with out any sense. We were riding this past weekend and we heard some trees being pushed over so we went to check it out. Coming down the hill was two homemade rail jeeps ( this were great big things) we thought cool and was watching them come down a steep hill. The first one goes by then when the second one came by the girl in the passenger seat was holding a kid (2 years old at most). No seat belt or anything she was just holding it and you could tell the baby was scared to death. They were going up and down hills I would think about before going up on my quad.

As for kids on atv's my son started riding a 6 volt power wheels (little thing) around age 2. At about 3 1/2 we got him a 12 volt 660 raptor replica. I was going to buy him a 50cc this summer (he is almost 5) but he has got to comfortable on the 12 volt and doing things he couldnt handle on a real quad. He rolled his 12 volt for the first time the other day so (was fine) I am hoping this calms him down a little but I have put off buying a 50cc for another year at least. I think we try and rush sometimes, but if you take a little bit to evaluate your childs skill you can keep them safe.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SEADAWG
WhoDatInDaMud,
I hope to the good Lord that I will not have to go through all that trouble measuring my children for ATV/Motorcycle. I can just see the Police/Patrol having us pull our children off the motorcycle and pulling out the tape measure. Although these laws are ideal, the expense for parents will be enormous. SEADAWG
It takes about 30 seconds of effort to judge proper fit. I certainly hope that doesnt' over extend the parents ability to provide a safe quad to their child.

Not sure where the enormous expense comes in. Is this the buying larger quads as the child grows or the medical deductable, legal, child protection, supervised custody, missed school tutoring, crutch, wheelchair, nursing and medications expense part? I know of parents spending money in each of these areas.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Sir,
Enjoy the family and the good times. I'm just scared of a slippery slope and measuring tapes in the woods.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Lak
Trailblazer

Hey pal, I don't know where you got your info from, but in Ontario, Canada kids are allowed to ride quads on there own property!! Mine have been riding on the trails on our property since they were 9. No helmets, no supervision, NO RIDING is what my kids were told from day one! We have enough laws jammed down our throats without the MAN telling us our kids can't ride on our own property!!!!!!!!!!I don't thinkso...

Old 08-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

Sir,
I don't state it as fact...I'm just hoping that it doesn't come to that. In Washington, the State Govt. regulates private property and is very intrusive. If you buy property in King County, 65% has to remain natural and undeveloped. Also, imminant domain laws are taking private property...I was just saying I'm hoping we don't have these tree huggers invading private property. So, we agreeeeee....we don't disagreeee[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SEADAWG

Old 08-01-2006, 10:37 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally posted by: Lak
Hey pal, I don't know where you got your info from, but in Ontario, Canada kids are allowed to ride quads on there own property!! Mine have been riding on the trails on our property since they were 9. No helmets, no supervision, NO RIDING is what my kids were told from day one! We have enough laws jammed down our throats without the MAN telling us our kids can't ride on our own property!!!!!!!!!!I don't thinkso...
In california its already happening!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

I know...in Washington State too. I'm pleased that our Canadian brotheren don't have that problem. That is odd...you'd think that they would have more Govt. oversight than we do. Wow. SEADAWG

Old 08-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Lak
Trailblazer

HeySeaDawg, I was refering to RickRitter's coment about The Canadians not being able to ride on there own property. Dont forget, our gov.are both strange in there laws in there own ways. You guys get to have loaded handguns beside your beds or on your person, my rifles have to be trigger locked, in a locked cabinet with my ammo in another separate case with a lock!!! Own a handgun in Canada, Ha Ha ,you need more permits than to get into NASA. Bottom line, kids are going to get hurt, wether it's riding there bikes,playing hockey, sking or what ever. All we can do as good parents is look out for our kids when they are riding there quads,or whatever else they are into and try and teach them that quads are fun but SAFETY comes first. Enough talk, let's go riding!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: QUAD FOR MY 2 YEAR OLD