Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

QUAD FOR MY 2 YEAR OLD

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUAD FOR MY 2 YEAR OLD

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Is this getting out of hand or what. I rode last time and watch all these kids on quads unsupervised. I personally picked two up on two different times with no parents around. We are going to keep letting kids ride younger and younger and the regulators are going to be all over us. I see these outlawed in the future 'cause parents want their kids to have what they couldn't have when they were younger. In order to be able to access risk and hazards...babies cannot calculate these dangers, nor scan the areas of danger. Please be responsible or the rest of us will lose our riding privledges. I knew that TITLE would get your attention. SEADAWG

Old 07-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Range Rover

In Iowa they are not allowed to ride in any parks under the age of 12 and between 12 and 16 they have to be certifed but get this I could turn my certfied 12 year loose on 799cc machine if I wanted. I think the sport has exploded so quickly state DNR being the morons they are ,and scrambling and changing rules sometimes monthly to get a handle on it. The tree huggers have done there work well making sure that everyone knows if a kid was killed or injured on an ATV and how terrible they are to the ENVIROMENT, but I challange you to find hard statistics on the accidents. You will always have stupid parents, parents that ride in a car with a baby on there lap, as an example. Now if you are riding on private land or in a state with no regulations not much can be done. Support and stay active in your local ATV clubs and push for sensible legislation and point out when possble to parents that are letting there kids ride to big and to early.......

Old 07-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with supervising your children. 4 of our kids ride and we watch them like a couple of hawks! The 14 year old has been riding dirt bikes/quads for 4 years now and is better than many adults, but we still keep an eye on him too.

As for the younger ones, they never ride without a parent there and full gear on.

P.S. Get a power wheels for the 2 year old [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

I just recently became a parent. My son is 6 mths old. I cant wait until he can ride something of his own. But I do think that if a parent lets their child ride either a bike or quad they should take responsibility and watch them. The ones that dont watch their children will regret it sooner or later.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

If I video taped these kids riding unsupervised and wrecking w/o adult supervision...you'd be shocked. I'm scared that this what a tree hugger will do when they take our rights away. The use the courts vice holding parents accountable. All I know...it is scary and when my duaghter rides, I watch her like hawk! Anyway, I was just yanking some chains out there. Stay safe and enjoy life! SEADAWG

Old 07-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

They already have age bans in Canada . I forget the age - but they are banned anywhere , anytime private property or not .

Old 07-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

Sir,
That is ugly...ugly. They will not even allow your kids to ride on your own property[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] That is messed up. I understand they have the right on public land...but private...that is BS F'ing S! I just hope that adults supervise and act responsible. Don't get me wrong, accidents can happen to the best of us and sometimes it is the Lord's will...I just want to see them minimized as much as possible. SEADAWG

Old 07-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

I agree completely. Most kids need an electric jeep/quad ridden in the yard not a quad when they get too big for a powerwheels then it's up to the parents to watch them like a hawk.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

I read this thread title and went straight to the fridge for a cool one and some beef sticks thinking I was going to have to get comfortable in my flame suit and dig my heals in once again - and you all are posting in agreement of parents being held responsible for there kids safety. Oh well, I still have the cool one and beef sticks. Maybe theres hope afterall.

Keep up the good work.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:30 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud
I read this thread title and went straight to the fridge for a cool one and some beef sticks thinking I was going to have to get comfortable in my flame suit and dig my heals in once again - and you all are posting in agreement of parents being held responsible for there kids safety. Oh well, I still have the cool one and beef sticks. Maybe theres hope afterall.

Keep up the good work.
LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I can actually picture that! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: QUAD FOR MY 2 YEAR OLD