Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Question for Mr. SeaDawg

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Mr. SeaDawg

How many of these people touting the great benefits of the chinese quads do you think are involved in selling them? You probably know a few of the ones I am talking about. I find it hard to believe that so many have them for so long with no trouble. While camping earlier this month, there were two families with 4 of them. Only one made it past the first day and it had lots of problems, They spent more time fixing them than riding them.

By the way, I think many of your comments are funny.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I can tell you that most people here are not dealers. If you find the right brand, a great dealer and proper setup they can be trouble free. I would say that 80% of the troubles that most run into is because of not doing the proper setup. It will fall apart if you dont take the time to go over the machine. These are not quads that you can just gas and go or even take to the track to beat on. Most of them are beginner quads for someone that dont want to spend 2k on a quad that thier child may or may not like. I am not a dealer but have tried ALOT of brands to find out what is good and what is bad. I have a few of them in my garage that my kids beat on every weekend and have had very few problems with a few and no problems with the others. People come here for advise. Some may be good and some bad. There are some good chinese quads out here and that what these forums are for.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

I aggree with 2maytoys. Also, a lot of people who buy these for their kids, really aren't that mechanically inclined. Also, they expect a 500 dollar machine, built for someone under 80 pounds, will make a great family machine.

There are some out there that are just poorly made. That's the great thing about these forums. You get to see which brands are good, and which dealers are not.

Bottom line on any entry level machine is, be ready to turn a wrench or two, it didn't come with wings, so don't expect it to fly and if you're not into maintenance, you're not going to do much riding.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:40 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

There are a couple of dealers involved here, but most are just comsumers. I for one bought a '04 Yamoto 150 for my wife and after spending a little time talking about it at the connection. I am now involved with Jetmoto. I am not a dealer by any means, I am working with Eugene(jetmoto president) to make Jetmoto the best chinese quad you can buy. I mainly do prototype hop up/ improvements for Jetmoto as well as tossing ideas around for the next production run.

I am wondering what brand of chinese quad you have experience with LAKOTABOB? There are definitely more pieces of junk out there than there are good ones.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
I aggree with 2maytoys. Also, a lot of people who buy these for their kids, really aren't that mechanically inclined. Also, they expect a 500 dollar machine, built for someone under 80 pounds, will make a great family machine.

Bottom line on any entry level machine is, be ready to turn a wrench or two, it didn't come with wings, so don't expect it to fly and if you're not into maintenance, you're not going to do much riding.
Now, now.... I don't recall seeing a warning on the site of the dealers that says "ONLY BUY THIS IF YOU ARE ABLE TO TURN A WRENCH OR TWO BECAUSE IT'S NOT RELIABLE THE WAY IT'S SOLD."

If you take that line of thought, only folks who are able to turn a wrench or two should buy a $15K economy car, the rest should buy a $35K car, cuz its better. We all know that isn't true for cars, so why should it be true for quads? Should it work that way for everything in life? I don't think so.

The point is, the majority of these quads are not up to the standards of the more established units and that's a fact - why apologize, make excuses, or blame the buyer if the quad is a piece?

I'm not trying to start a war, but we had 2 brand new Kazumas that we bought from a reputable dealer, we set them up right, and SOMETHING did break every time we took them out. Our girls did NOT beat on them either. I have chronicled our experiences in previous posts, so I won't rehash them here.

When these kinds of quads have better quality, they will be more popular, and you can bet the prices will go up too! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Sir,
Time for SEADAWG to chime in on this issue. I try to stay out of the mud slinging and stick to the facts. I have documented my experience in detail and there are those that killed me. I put mine together, I used lock tight and lock washer, tighened every bolt I could and went over it with the deepest of care. Mine was a POS from the beginning and it I had high hopes. I think nwcutie had it right. I go ATVing often and love the sport. I have nothing against any quad, I own a Harley, but love riding with all riders regardless of what the ride. However, every time I'm in the woods and see these quads, somebody is always working on them...period.

Lastly, you don't see anyone offering me to take their great quads out and test them. They bank on uneducated buyers like ME. I'm not going to lie, I got sucked in and went for it. I was told it was the old Honda technology and Honda sold the blueprints to their old bikes...or that they were Honda clones. I wanted a Honda on the cheap. I stated earlier that I sold mine for $1,400.00 and took the $1k loss. Well, I lied. I put it up for consignment at my dealers and I told him all I wanted is $1,400.00...he can't give it away. I may have taken the whole loss or stuck with the POS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Let me test them...let me create a Consumer Reports for Chinese Quads...we don't know who is a dealer and who is not. Some I question, but I'm not perfect.
Raceway is great at service, but the best warranty is the one you don't use. Who cares if you have a good warranty if you can't get the part to ride. A POS, purchased from a great dealer is a POS. Raceway does discontinue POSs! SEADAWG

Old 07-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

you're a damn lier seapup , when you purcased your kazuma 250 you had no idea the who made the engine.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Bill,
I knew you'd pipe up. I said I make mistakes and I'm not perfect. However, if you go all over the internet on these you see this Honda clone advertisements. You seem to care a lot about what I say and love cutting me down. I'm glad you are always right, but you lose credibility w/ your personal assaults. If you don't like what I say, ignore my posting. Read the title "Question for Seadawg"...he already knows what your answer will be. SEADAWG

Read Bill's posting on the following:
Kazuma 110 .....interchangable with any other motor parts??
Created On Mon July 17, 2006 8:47 PM

She asked about any parts interchangable with the Kazuma 110. He anwers "HONDA" Don't believe me, read the post. A Honda is a Honda. No biggy, I have read this all over on all sizes. No worries Bill, SEAPUP can get'r done!

Old 07-19-2006, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

really a honda a honda? why then can i go down to the honda dealership and buy parts for these engines, you stupid pos

Old 07-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

All,
Please ignore my friend...he lacks independent ability to be objective. He is a good man and has some good maintenance advice. Bottom line...he peddles cheap junk. SEADAWG

Bill,
Please don't read my posting...nothing I say will please you. SEADAWG

Quick Reply: Question for Mr. SeaDawg