Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton Vector 250

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eton Vector 250

I see this thread is from lasy year - do any of you have more experience now with the Eton Vector 250? We just bought a new one - the 2007 model. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. It looks like a great quad so far.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eton Vector 250

hello makki i have the eton vector 300 and i want to ask you if you know where can i find the service manual for my atv

Old 01-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eton Vector 250

Hi,

I have the same thing, Vector 300 and so service manual.
- I'm just about to change the transmission oil, and I'm searching for
information on what would be the correct amount of oil to use.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:15 AM
Range Rover
Default Eton Vector 250

The only update I can give is that my Eton 250 Vector has gone with little to no problems since I have owned it. At diferent altitudes I have had to adjust the idle. Really easy to do thou with the idle adjustment screw being part of the throttle button on the handlebars. I rolled it (I didnt get hurt), and the only damage I did to the quad was break a plastic cover off the speedometer. 6 dollar part, and I am back and running. I accidently took it on a 4x4 quad trail. Wow that was very interesting. I barely made it thru there. a 45% incline, wrong jet for the altitude, and no 4x4 to get over the stones. I now know not to go on that trail again.

I also used it to help out in my comunity when it got paralyzed by a ice storm that knocked down many trees across the streets, including 1 fire truck. I went around with a chainsaw and a freind. He rode my wifes 150 eton, and me on the 250. I pulled trees that weighed easily more than the quad and me on it. Pulled these trees to a dump some 2 blocks away, and dropped em off. The only problem I ran into during this is when i shut the quad off, water got into the brake light switchs, and froze, and because the brake light wasnt on when I tried to start it, the quad wouldnt start. Sprayed some ice remover in the switch, problem solved.

My wifes 150 Eton has had a couple tranny problems thou. The dealer over-torqued the bolt for the reverse sensor, causing axle fluid to get into the drive belt area. Well, this didnt work well cause of the belt slippage (couldnt even drive it onto my trailer to take it to the dealer). The dealer fixed it, but he did the same thing again, took it back again, and wouldnt you know it, the dealer did it again. 4th time was the charm. The dealer called the tech line, and found out this bolt is supposed to only have like 5 foot torque lbs on it. This time, the problem was solved.

My only problem now is that I havent been able to find a way to easily drain the tanks on either Eton for storage. So I put stabil in it for this winter, until I can put a pitcock in during the spring.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Makki
hello I an from croatia europe I have E-ton vector 250 + Viper 150 I like them no problems but I have installed DID chain on viper because original chain is very weak. Any questions yust ask I ll try to be of good advice by
i have a 250 vector that when you put in gear it dies asap need help for my 12 year old boy

Old 04-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Unhappy need help

Originally Posted by Makki
Yes I have planty exp. with draco 50 / 100

1. The chain adjuster is made of very weak material so my sugestion is to install better stronger probably hand made

2. The rear disk brake knows to block without reason causing brake pads to burn

3. Swing arms where broken on every of 25 dracos that I repaird in my garage , the swing arm is too weak the part beneth exaust conection to cylinder

4. Oil pump on models 50 know to fail

Check the rear wheel nuts because sometimes they get loos causing disk to go left - right again causing brake pads to fell off

5. Use contact spray on every conection spec. on main switch

If you need draco 50 / 100 part list manual I have them on my PC at garage

I am sorry for bad eng.

I am a moto - quad mehanic and I have spec. in race purpoces and rent - car scooter , etc.

Any info about Dinli Adly would help me also models good bad , problems ......

Thanks
my 12 year old son has 250 vector that dies every time he puts in gear

Old 04-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default mom needs help

i have a 12 year old with 2007 250cc vector that dies everytime he takes out of gear any help with the wire would help brandemercer@yahoo.com

Old 10-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone know if you can clean out the electric choke on a yukon cxl 150?

Old 12-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

One thing I discovered about our 2007 Eton Vector 250 was that you have to have the battery fully charged, or you may get stuck with it not wanting to fully engage into gear. We were having this problem AFTER it had warmed up, which made no sense until we realized that the cooling fan was draining the already weak battery so that it could no longer run the other electronics and transmission shifter. (Well, that's the current theory, because the problem seemed to go away when we doubled up the battery with a portable booster.)

Old 12-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by check
One thing I discovered about our 2007 Eton Vector 250 was that you have to have the battery fully charged, or you may get stuck with it not wanting to fully engage into gear. We were having this problem AFTER it had warmed up, which made no sense until we realized that the cooling fan was draining the already weak battery so that it could no longer run the other electronics and transmission shifter. (Well, that's the current theory, because the problem seemed to go away when we doubled up the battery with a portable booster.)
The quad should be able to hold its own with the engine running. The battery charge system should be able to (on average) run everything - including the head lights - and still keep the battery charged. I suspect your charging system isn't working. With the headlights off and the the quad running at medium fast speed, measure the DC voltage right on the battery terminals. It should read 13.5 to 14.5 volts. If it does your charging system is working. If it doesn't read within that range the charging system needs looking into.

Quick Reply: Eton Vector 250