Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

indy dealer show-sunl

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default indy dealer show-sunl

You should had seen action a day before, Indy cops were called in to Sunl room, to break up a sure fight between 5 Sunl dealers and Sunl people.
Dealers were looking for parts, which Sunl had never had in any of its 3 locations.

And this from a former SUNL employee

21. "RE: Sunl Scooters"
In response to message #0

As it is getting close to the two-year anniversary of my termination from Sunl, I thought I'd check the Net to see if they were still in business. Imagine my surprise to discover that they're still going strong. Imagine my non-surprise to see that no one has a nice thing to say about them.

I worked in the "customer service" "department" at the Dallas HQ. I suspect one of the reasons I was fired was because I thought we should be providing customer service. The ownership's philosophy was "don't worry about pissing off our customers--there are more out there!"

At its height while I was there, the "customer service" "department" had three employees and two phone lines. All that to handle the tidal wave of complaints that came in each day (or tried to come in--despite our best efforts, it was impossible to pick up every--or even most--phone calls). In addition, our number was also the parts number, which meant that we also had to sell parts, which in my case was comical, since I didn't know a fly wheel from a carburetor (I naively assumed, when I took the job, that there would be someone to handle technical questions). And, as it's already been pointed out, we didn't exactly have a wide selection of parts on hand. Of course, we were so far behind that even if we did have the parts, it would take weeks for us to get around to filling the order.

Employee morale was extremely low, with nearly everyone trying to find a way out. A lot of them did...roughly 10 members of the office staff left during the couple months I worked there--a huge number considering that there were maybe 15 to 20 office employees at any one time. One sales guy lasted all of a day and a half before he fled. If I hadn’t been mercifully fired when I was, I doubt I would have lasted another month before quitting, with or without a new job in hand.

Really, don't blame the employees, for the most part. More than likely, they're doing the best they can with the extremely limited resources made available to them. It's the greed and incompetence of the ownership that's primarily responsible. About the best thing I can say about working there is that the deli across the street made really good sandwiches.