Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 110 Falcon or Kawasaki KFX 90

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 110 Falcon or Kawasaki KFX 90

I've got the Falcon Deluxe 110. My daughter loves it. She rides it just about every day and we've had it for about 4 months now. Only problem was the bracket for the tail light broke. I just welded it back up. The little quad is a bit top heavy. Other than that, its been great. Very reliable. It will do about 30 mph I'd guess. Maybe a hair faster. It won't do burnouts on dry ground. But is a lot of fun in the mud. Suspension is a little stiff so let the tire pressure down to about 4.5-5 psi. The design is extremely simple (thats a good thing IMO). If you can't work on this one, you can't work on anything.

The ride on this thing reminds me of a scooter. It's the scooter of quads :-)

Hope this helps a little.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the review. Nice to know that everything worked out. I think I have given up on the Falcon 110 and going more for a name brand because I expect the boys to keep it for at minimum 5 years and then I can still get money back by selling the name brand. In the long run, I think the cost of the name brand atv will only be about 200 dollars more than the falcon.

Keep us updated, I wonder how it works in the next year. I do appreciate the feedback.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

bassinms,

The Unison dc90 is the same as the polaris preditor 90. The same company makes them both just with different plastics. The 90 2 stroke motor that is in them have been around for a long time and are proven very reliable. They are even in race quads. The 90 2 stroke will have alot more power than the 4 stroke. Yes raceway has them and thats where I got mine. The quality is easily compairable to the top 4 if not better. The 2 stroke 90 is very quiet, very trail friendly and has a spark arrestor for the woods. The 2 stroke is less maintenance. Just add injector oil and gas. No mixing, no changing oil. This is a taiwanese made quad so the fit and finish is great. Not sure how old your kids are?

If you want name brand quality at around chinese prices the dc90 is awsome. Alot of guys here have them also and I have not heard of anything bad.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Trailblazer

That is good information and I appreciate the response. I might seriously look at the Unison DC 90 now. It is nice to hear from someone with first hand knowledge.

I have a 5 and 7 year old that will be riding them. The 7 year old is very tall for his age and should not have a problem driving the atv. He drives my Big Bear 400 with me on the back and can handle it pretty good, the turing is the tough part. I think if I slow the machine down until he gets used to it then he will be just fine.

The 5 year old will mainly ride with mom. Mom weighs about 110 lbs soaking wet, so I don't see this as a problem. However, he will be able to grow into it in a matter of a year, so don't won't to waste my money on a 50.

I would love to order from RaceWay, the only problem is that I am not mechanically knowlegable and afraid if something goes wrong, I will have to pay a ton for labor.

Also - I have heard the problem with 2 stroke is that the stator goes out in them if they get wet. If I use these for hunting they will drive them when it is raining and have to go through some mud (not real deep). I just want to feel confident that this will not be a problem.

Thanks for any other information you can give me.