Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Monsoon 90 wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon 90 wiring diagram

Help Please! I bought a basket case Monsoon 90 quad.I can figure out the mechanical parts,but I need a wiring diagram.The wiring is slightly butchered and I'm not sure what I am missing.If someone has a diagram that they could email to me,It would be much appreciated!I have read that Polaris is about the same thing,so would the wiring be the same?

Thanks, Rob

Old 03-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Monsoon 90cc wiring diagram

Hi, Did you ever receive a wiring diagram for the 90cc Monsoon quad? We could really use one now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Cheri

Old 03-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cherineely
Hi, Did you ever receive a wiring diagram for the 90cc Monsoon quad? We could really use one now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Cheri
I don't have a wiring diagram for your quad, but a lot of chinese quad wiring is very similar. What kind of problems are you having?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default monsoon 90cc quad wiring

The problem is that my nephew decided to take it apart and made a new wiring harness and now it won't start. If you have any kind of a wiring diagram for a similar model it might help diagnose the problem. Thanks.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I started to respond to this yesterday, but started asking myself if a Monsoon quad is even Chinese. I've never heard of one, but that is common with the zillions of chinese brands out there. I did a search on the internet and wasn't able to find much. Does anyone know if this really is a chinese quad?

Cheri, does your CDI module look like this?
Name:  50cc-cdi.jpg
Views: 7302
Size:  19.2 KB

If so, then it is a chinese quad. If not can you post pic's of the quad?

You say it doesn't start. Does the starter turn the engine? Have you tested to see if you have spark?

What is the history of this quad? Has it ever run for your nephew, or was the new wiring harness an attempt to revive a totally dead quad?

Old 03-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Monsoon Quad

The quad was made by Monsoon Motorsports that was bought out by Yerf-Dog some years ago. We going to check the CDI module to see if it matches. The quad ran before he took it apart and made a new wiring harness. There is no spark but there is some power at the coil or to the coil, I think, I'm going to confirm that and try to get more specific info. Thanks for your help. Cheri

Old 03-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Wink

Are you just wanting to get this running reguarding wire harness?

Take 2 wires (blk w/red & wht w/red) from the stator and plug them directly into CDI box (same color wires)

2- CDI wires (plug orange and black) Run orange wire to hot lead on coil and ground the black wire

3- The black wire left on the CDI goes to a ground

4- Make sure to run ground from engine to frame

If you have an aftermarket Kill Switch- Run 1 lead to ground and other wire to hot lead on coil. Be careful not to run hot lead on coil to wire on killswitch that runs to the metal exposed part of the killswitch.

I hope this will help you. Good luck.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

here ya go, straight from the owners manual.
im currently looking for parts... namely brake levers, rear brake pads and misc other stuff. anybody know where to look? motor runs like mad but it doesnt stop... laughing...

Attached Thumbnails Monsoon 90 wiring diagram-monsoon-001.jpg   Monsoon 90 wiring diagram-monsoon2.jpg  
Old 04-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

To Toby: You said in your message about the wiring for the 90 cc Monsoon quad, that there were 2 black wires to the control mod said ground both of them.

But there is only one black wire, the other is a black with a white stripe. What should we do with that one? Thanks for your help. We are still not having any luck getting it started. Do you have an actual wiring diagram? Cheri

Old 04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi, Thanks, I just saw this message. We are going to give it a go. Appreciate your help. Cheri

Quick Reply: Monsoon 90 wiring diagram