Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Is there a good Chineese ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a good Chineese ATV?

Where can I get a pee on "Made in China" quad sticker? maybe china will start selling them...LOL!

Old 12-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks to the guys who suggested that I stay out of these threads. However I will stay in these threads all I want.

I post in these threads because a lot of people get sucked into the China trap becuase they are so much cheaper. But they don't understand that the fit and finish isn't at the same level as the Japanese stuff. You DO get what you pay for!

Examples you say....Ok fine. I have known a few people who have owned Chinese stuff and it is just not durable.

Where I ride there are several younger kids (between 10 and 12) who rode Baja dirtbikes. The bikes were fine...until the kids started getting even the slightest bit aggressive. Once they started jumping, bolts started falling out, welds broke, stuff started coming off. This wasn't racing either -- it was just tiny jumps that most kids are going to want to try. I don't consider tiny singles and table tops abuse. When the bike was dropped the plastic would break - not bend - because it wasn't made correctly.

All of these same kids have Yamahas and Hondas now, TTRs and XRs, which are also trail bikes (just like you are going to argue the chinese bikes are). These "trail" bikes can take some pretty big jumps and not even lose a bolt. There is one kid who rides a little Suzuki trail bike and flat out abuses it. But it just keeps right on ticking.

And as for the "on a budget" comment, I said USED. You can find a decent Honda Fourtrax 90, Suzuki LT80, or Yamaha Breeze 125 used for under $1000. It is going to be way more reliable than, and easier to get parts for, ANY Chinese quad EVER made by ANYONE. That is just a simple fact.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Congratulations, you KNOW someone who owns China quads. You KNOW someone who owns one or two brands of the multiple brands out there. WE ride our China quads on a regular basis, WE know what they are capable of. My son has done jumps on his Redcat, and I have never lost a bolt on it, not even become loose. So you want to justify to someone that they should buy a used Jap that they know nothing about the history of, instead of paying the same price for a new reliable China quad (yes there are some out there)? Give me a break, I have seen plenty of Jap quads where we ride, barely make it off the trailer, and then they break moments later as my son's Redcat goes by. There are bad quads out there Jap and China alike. But it's okay, you are an expert in China quads because you KNOW someone who has two of them.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

........putin on the hip waders............................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

im done with this...opinions are like a-holes....my china quads have been fine.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

I'm with ya Hoyt. The people on here are smart enough to see through the bullsh*t. And if not, let me know, I'll send you my glasses. They have built in bullsh*t filters.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

All,
We give certain quads the thumbs up and some not. Instead of this broad stroke, post your model and give them a review for other to critique. Hey, we are looking for all solid models. Some of us who turn wrenches have been burnt and some haven't. I try to only stick with the ones I know or rode...but read most postings. I ask you to stick yourself out there and give them a review. People want to know ...it is Christmas. I refused to ride my Chinese quads in a different manner than my Japs....that may have hurt me. SEADAWG

SEADAWG

Old 12-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: godIlove2ride
Congratulations, you KNOW someone who owns China quads. You KNOW someone who owns one or two brands of the multiple brands out there. WE ride our China quads on a regular basis, WE know what they are capable of. My son has done jumps on his Redcat, and I have never lost a bolt on it, not even become loose. So you want to justify to someone that they should buy a used Jap that they know nothing about the history of, instead of paying the same price for a new reliable China quad (yes there are some out there)? Give me a break, I have seen plenty of Jap quads where we ride, barely make it off the trailer, and then they break moments later as my son's Redcat goes by. There are bad quads out there Jap and China alike. But it's okay, you are an expert in China quads because you KNOW someone who has two of them.
I was sharing my experiences and what my opinions are based on. From what I had read Baja is one of the better brands. The fit and finish just isn't there. I saw this WITH MY OWN EYES. I almost bought one of the bikes but decided to get a used Honda instead. That Honda has taken a beating and it is still just as good as the day I bought it.

Anyone with half a brain can figure out if a quad was abused or not. It's not rocket science. It probably takes less mechanical ability than fixing one of the many Chinese junk buckets.

I understand that it is probably your prime selling season for this junk but people need to be aware and protect themselves from you junk dealers.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Keep it real and I'll shut my yap...... as if honda needs to advertise as a "china clone" or somthin'

Old 12-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

"Keep it real and I'll shut my yap..", he says while riding into the sunset on his Desert Cat. Talk about keeping it real. What a joke.

Quick Reply: Is there a good Chineese ATV?