Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Almost Free ATV , update

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost Free ATV , anyone know this outfit

On my jm 125 it says the tire pressure should be no more than 2.9 pounds.Had to go out and buy a gauge that reads less than 5 pounds.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for clearing that up.

This forum is a god send, people here are just great.

Thanks........you rock.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

It is BEST to air new tires up to 25lbs and KEEP them this way for the first night. This will 'seat the bead' and help assure that you wont have rim leaks when you drop your air pressure down to the normal 'running range' [usually 3-7 lbs on an ATV tire]...Look on the sidewall of the tire, it will say 'bead pressure'....Let your tires stay OVERNIGHT at this pressure,you'll thank me in the future.

To many of you guys start out by running the normal low air pressure that is called for the tire when it is new and the end result is a tire that has a difficult time ever seating itself into the rim,and you'll constantly have rim leaks.

Bill

Old 12-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

That's good advice Muddy, letting the tires at bead pressure overnight. Gives it plenty of time to settle in and seal. Also, when using slime, you will wish you hadn't when you go to replace the tire. You will have one heck of a mess to clean up in order to mount the new tire.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:11 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
It is BEST to air new tires up to 25lbs and KEEP them this way for the first night. This will 'seat the bead' and help assure that you wont have rim leaks when you drop your air pressure down to the normal 'running range' [usually 3-7 lbs on an ATV tire]...Look on the sidewall of the tire, it will say 'bead pressure'....Let your tires stay OVERNIGHT at this pressure,you'll thank me in the future.

To many of you guys start out by running the normal low air pressure that is called for the tire when it is new and the end result is a tire that has a difficult time ever seating itself into the rim,and you'll constantly have rim leaks.

Bill
I'll thank you right now......Thanks MUDDY4LIFE!!

Welcome to the forum Reelgator! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Also, when using slime, you will wish you hadn't when you go to replace the tire. You will have one heck of a mess to clean up in order to mount the new tire"

But, if your ten miles in the woods and get a small punture, you'll be glad you did. Been there...

A few dirty shop rags is a small price to pay.

Inflating the tires high to seat the bead is great advise but one of the front tires on the 110 never seated right. Slime fixed it.

Rodney

Old 12-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hardcore trail riders know the value of slime. Like stated earlier, you don't want to be in the middle of nowhere with a flat. How often do you replace tires ? To me, the tradeoff is worth it.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hardcore trail riders know the value of slime. Like stated earlier, you don't want to be in the middle of nowhere with a flat. How often do you replace tires ? To me, the trade off is worth it.
I am not a heavy duty trail rider, just a individual with a short temper and no patience.

Slime is for me, cause even just a tire that looses air is enough for me to light a match to the darn thing.

I'm one of those wackos that if it doesn't start on the first try I am down trading the sucker in.

Maybe thats why I'm broke. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]