Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Help needed, Baja 50

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed, Baja 50

Hello, I was at my brother in laws house today and he had a baja 50 4 wheeler for my nephews in his shed. Only ridden twice last year on X mas day. He said that on the second ride the wiring started smoking. He tried for a few weeks to get it running but couldnt for whatever reason. After a month of arguing with pep boys they told him that there was only a 30 day warranty and he was SOL. So it has been sitting for a year. He asked me to look at it today because I work on my boys KTM dirt bikes alot. It looks to me that the wiring is burnt in many places including the remote shut off box and sensors of some type. What we would like to do is re-wire it using only necessary components, no lights, turn signals, remote kill or any of that. Just use the starter and coil and stator or whatever type of ignition it has. Does anybody know how to do this or can point me in the direction of where I could find schematics on this quad and maybe we could figure it out. Thanks in advance for any help. Jeromy Mims

Old 12-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed, Baja 50

They have an owners manual on bajamotorsports.net (I think that is the address). The manual is in Adobe pdf format and there are schematics on the last page of the manual.