Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

falcon 90 twist throttle

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default falcon 90 twist throttle

Thumbs are dying after a couple mintues of riding. Does anyone know of aftermarket parts to change the Falcon Kazuma 90 from a thumb to a twist throttle?

Thanks

Old 01-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a look at this:

http://www.thumbtwist.com/

and this:

http://www.motoworldracing.com/moose...djustable.html

I just ran across the thumb twist on the net. I've seen the thumb assist for sale locally at atv dealers, parts stores, and, if I'm not mistaken, walmart.

I'm going to have to do something too. The throttle on the jetmoto 150 and the kazuma dingo 150 kills my girls' thumbs too after a bit. The 110 and the 70 dont seem to have so much tension.

Rodney

Old 01-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, thanks! Don't know if i would of ever come across those. Seems to easy, wonder if anyone has tried them yet. Think i like the first one that turns it into a twist throttle.

I'll have to try and research these now. Thanks again!

Old 01-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I would not recommend a twist throttle ot thumb assist for any kids quads. The thumb assist sucks and is very dangerous as is the twist throttle. If the child hits a rut, rock, tree stump or root and it jerks the handle bars to the right the throttle will stick wide open just from the action of the hit. I have seen it many many times and have seen kids and even adults get hurt bad. The thumb assist is hard to adapt tom the style of thumb throttle that most of these come with. It wont adapt to most of them but if it does it puts the angle of the throttle at a bad position and makes the thumb have to stretch even further.

You can take the spring out of the carb slide and cut some coils off to make it easier to press. Dont cut too many. Just start with a few and cut 1 at a time after till it gets easier but not too easy to where the throttle wont go back to idle position. My some had bot the thumb and twist and both times in hairy situations they were bad and he got hurt. He has not had any problems with the factory throttle and is much easier after the spring was cut.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Range Rover

2many,

What do you suggest on the cv carbs that come on the dingo and many other 150s? There's quite a spring where the throttle cable connects to these carbs to actuate the butterfly. It's an extrernal twist-tension type spring. I dont know that it's very conducive to trimming as the ends are formed to fit in certain slots. Maybe it could be fiddled with, tho.

Of course, the jetmoto 150 thankfully has a slider carb.

Rodney

Old 01-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have only done this to the slide type carbs not the butterfly type. Im sure if I had one with a butterfly type I would figure out a way. But as for the falcon it has the slide type so he will be good to go. My JM also has the slide type carb.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Range Rover

As 2manytoys suggested, I trimmed the spring on the jetmoto 150's slider carb. I started with 2 coils - then trimmed in approx. 3/4 coil increments. In all, I removed about 4 1/2 coils. The thumb throttle is now very easy to use. Thanks!

As to the CV carb on the Kazuma Dingo 150, I had to replace the carb under warranty from Raceway as it took a very long time to warm up. They sent me a direct bolt on replacement made by Mikuni. The mikuni carb has less tension on the throttle spring than did the chinese carb. so it is easier to use. I did look at it in case I have change the sping tension. The throttle spring would be very difficult to remove as the plate where the throttle cable attaches is basically permanently attached making the spring permanently attached. You may be able to remove it by taking the butterfly valve plate out of the carb and removing a few other things but it would be some rather delicate work. It would probably be easier to work on the spring attached. You would have to be very careful, tho.

Rodney