Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

jetmoto200 vs tornado 200

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 09:13 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default jetmoto200 vs tornado 200

Originally posted by: ErikTheRed
No MWQ, thats not what Im saying at all, because there really arent all that many of them. What Im saying is, there really arent that many "brands"....only a few factories make these things. BUT, when you're looking around online, you see a thousand diffenent names for the SAME bike, so you really have no idea which factory in China is making that particular quad. I wish they would stick with only a few names rather than letting every "dealer" that buys them make up their own name. This would eliminate some of the confusion.
I think i understand...but you have to remember...Its those no name quads that will always be the "bargains".

Any one who establishes more than a warehouse for shipping will have to charge more. Keeping parts on hand and making improvements costs money.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:14 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

MaxPayne16, just FYI, the $899 price on the Tornado 200 from Motorxtremes includes FREE SHIPPING TO A TERMIANL in your area. For some people, the terminal shipping may not work. But for folks like me, who live within an hour of a terminal, it works just fine.
Are you going to get one?

Old 02-07-2007, 09:40 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: laubin
yeah I'm with you on this. The amount of names on the same 4 wheeler is NUTS! I've done allot of research into this. The factories that I've seen on line look very modern. Just google hi bird atv. I've owned several Hondas and I have a yamaha yzf450 right now...saying one chinesse brand is better than the other when they look the same seems pointless; I'm looking for a bike to put around in in the field with my kids (sunl 110s and a Kolpin90) the 450 is too much ...
I'm gonna bite the bullet and order one in the coming week( tax return!) I'll take pictures with actual people on it.
899 shipped is a darn good deal...
Please let us know how it goes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If you can turn a wrench you might have a bargain on your hands.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah I've got 15 years in the automotive career field and now teach it. Motorcycles and ATV have been a passion of mine since I was 10... I was getting into it just when 4 wheelers were a NEW thing...back in the 80s...these Chinesse quads do require a bit of wrenching but nothing to far fetched. I'll do a nice write up for sure. I don't have a JEt-moto for comparison though .
the motorextremes
seems pretty square and they answered my questions pretty quick...you can even look up what the sales people look like...wierd

Old 02-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Range Rover

Are you going to get one?
No, the Tornado isn't approved for California. I think we're going to get this one....

http://www.scootersfactory.com/150cc...ity-p-359.html

Its made by Roketa, which Im sure is on-par quality to just about any Chinese quad. Like Ive said before, when it comes to standard-issue China ATV's, I really dont think theres much difference. The exception there is probably Jetmoto, which I understand is a step above, but the price is also a step above. The Ranger 150 is CARB approved for Cali.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:46 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

yeah I've got 15 years in the automotive career field and now teach it. Motorcycles and ATV have been a passion of mine since I was 10... I was getting into it just when 4 wheelers were a NEW thing...back in the 80s...these Chinesse quads do require a bit of wrenching but nothing to far fetched. I'll do a nice write up for sure. I don't have a JEt-moto for comparison though .
the motorextremes
seems pretty square and they answered my questions pretty quick...you can even look up what the sales people look like...wierd
You should be fine with those skills. Im looking forward to your writeup and the things you learn/share will be a asset for the forums. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2007, 10:00 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

No, the Tornado isn't approved for California. I think we're going to get this one....

http://www.scootersfactory.com/150cc...ity-p-359.html

Its made by Roketa, which Im sure is on-par quality to just about any Chinese quad. Like Ive said before, when it comes to standard-issue China ATV's, I really dont think theres much difference. The exception there is probably Jetmoto, which I understand is a step above, but the price is also a step above. The Ranger 150 is CARB approved for Cali.
Thats a nice looking quad. Do you know if it's a green or red sticker?

Standard issue Chinese quads all look the same but there is still diferences in the way they are built. From what I understand there is multiple levels of "quality" in Chinese made components. There is the origional part made in China. It was made from the prints made in Japan and sold to a manufacturer in China. (this is especially true for engines) Then there is the Chinese copy of that. And then the copy of that copy. And then the copy of the copy of the copy. And so on as the price goes down. Some of those bargains are true bargains, and some are the bottom of the barrel.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Range Rover

The Roketa Ranger 150 is green sticker, or at least the guy I talked to at ScootersFactory promises it is. ScootersFactory is in Southern California, so Im sure they sell alot of that quad. The guy says after I buy the quad and receive it, Im supposed to call them and they will handle all the registration and DMV will send me the paperwork and green sticker. Does this sound right?

Also, what do you know about Roketa products?

Old 02-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Laubin if you purchase one of these Hi Bird quads please post your expirence from sales to delivery and performance and quality of unit. I may purchase one of these also if it seems to be a decent unit. I do not mind doing some wrenching and upgrades as I prefer. Its a great price if it has any quality. A friend has a komoto and looks to be same unit, he is very pleased with his unit but I have only seen it once and did not ride it. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer

yeah I'm with you on this. The amount of names on the same 4 wheeler is NUTS! I've done allot of research into this. The factories that I've seen on line look very modern. Just google hi bird atv. I've owned several Hondas and I have a yamaha yzf450 right now...saying one chinesse brand is better than the other when they look the same seems pointless; I'm looking for a bike to put around in in the field with my kids (sunl 110s and a Kolpin90) the 450 is too much ...
I'm gonna bite the bullet and order one in the coming week( tax return!) I'll take pictures with actual people on it.
899 shipped is a darn good deal...
where did you get that price on shipping from? motorxremes has 899 to terminal ...they do to your door too...I don't think that to your door is included on the tornado; other models it is. Its best to call them..they're really nice about answering questions. I was going to order 2..but I'm going to order 1 for now and see how it is... BTW to the terminal shipping is waay quicker than waiting for it to come to your house. I'll catalog everything and make the info available to you guys...it'll go on my Blog..to bad this site doesn't do pictures..

Quick Reply: jetmoto200 vs tornado 200