Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Detailed report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200, complete.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailed consumer report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200

I read the whole thing. nice job man. now u need to put a ride on video.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default Detailed consumer report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200

Thanks, everyone!

I STILL can't upload anything at my ISP. I really need to call their tech support people. I WILL finish it up and let you know when it's done.

Originally posted by: godIlove2ride
...- Number 1 stickers on wheelbarrows, sheds, and trash cans are good for a 10HP gain on each
My shed with an extra 10 HP? Wow ... so, you're saying that now when I stash stuff in there it'll disappear even faster!?
Hmmmmmmm.......

Originally posted by: ErikTheRed
You're a good writer but your picture doesn't seem to fit the talent. Kinda reminds me of a Hell's Angel writing a chidrens poem book...

No problem - I'll take the compliment and accept the observation. Thanks! I love to write. Children's books? I can do that if the money's right.

Actually, Dr. Suess got most of his ideas by ripping ME. I HATE what he did to my best work - "Hop On Cop" !!

I'm kidding.

You know that, right?

Old 03-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Detailed report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200, complete.

Report is FINISHED.

Every page has been updated/edited/has new stuff.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

I to am very impressed with this guys write-up. What a great job!

Bill

Old 03-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer

well I had a few probs with mine to night..it started dying under throttle...Popped the Airbox off..I saw fuel coming out the back og the carb....the fule line going to it is very flimsy...gonna keep my eye on it...turns out my son..who love to work on things now...took the bottom vent lines( PVC and carb) and connected them together..he thought they looked wrong...he brought it up as I was just fixing to tear into it....popped them apart... worked fine afterwards..Butt a few have mentioned they have this problem...gas burping out the back of the carb...make sure you check that carb vent tube for restrictions. I am going to dremel off the rear shifter..it is always in the way....anyone find a better bend for the handle bars?

Old 03-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

I measure those handlebars as 28" wide, with about a 6"rise & a 6" pullback.

Most good handlebars are marketed with these 3 bits of data, at least from better retailers. Sometimes if your online store doesn't list the stats you can get the make & model of the bars and get the figures form the manuf's site. In taking measurements the width is easy to get right, but there is some room for error in rise & pullback measurement, especially when they're still on the machine. I feel the above measurements are plenty close enough to help me choose something else.

I wouldn't mind a couple inches more width, but for my tastes the main problem with these is the pullback. Six inches is a LOTTA pullback, and keeps my wrists at an odd angle. I'm especially careful about wrist angles in everything I do since I had some trouble with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome a few years back.

I think my ideal bar for this would be 30", with 6 (maybe even 8) rise and 3 or 4 pullback. I'll sacrifice some of the 6" rise if I must, but I want less pullback for certain.

I think ordinary motocross bars are 30-to-32-ish, with 4 or less of pullback, but not much rise. Someone here might be able to set me straight on that.

There is a very good aftermarket parts store in Tucson, with gonzo amounts of bike stuff all wedged into a lil' dingy store. You can't possibly walk around the store without knocking stuff down. Sells used bikes and has a lil' junkyard, too. Cool place - the guy's been there for better than 20 years. The last time I was in there he musta had eighteen feet of wall knee-to-ceiling devoted to handlebars. I'm just gonna go there with my tape measure some day soon.

I'd love to try those Flexx bars, but the only way I can let myself spend almost $300 on bars for a $900 quad is if I vow to keep them forever and move them from machine to machine over time. I did that with a favorite set of bicycle bars that went out of production - I used them on about 5 bikes over the years.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

I changed the stock bars on my son's Redcat shortly after buying it. I bought a set of MSR bars at our local big 4 dealer. Although I can't for the life of me remember the measurements. I bought them wider because the stock was too narrow for our taste.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer

Old 03-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer

XO,
How do you post pictures on here. I got my new shifter built and wanted to show you guys. It sure is better going with a steady up motion to go up in gears. Did away with the heel shifter.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Click on My Page in between to Gallery and profile
Click on edit it is in the right corner below Page Status.
For each pic you want to upload click on add in each picture box and follow the steps.

Hope this helps.

SB.

Quick Reply: Detailed report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200, complete.