Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Detailed report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200, complete.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailed report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200, complete.

Thanks guy's for the replies,very good info.Well guess what I just checked my e-mail and our quads will be ready for p/u tomarrow.I just orderd them Monday and they told me it would be next week befor they would ship.Dang my daughter has softball tournies all this weekend starting tomarrow night. wouldnt you know it.Well iI bet I find some time somehow...

Old 06-16-2007, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

Well I got the two quads today from Motoxtreme,Now I'm going to find out how good the customer service is. After unpacking the bikes the 250 so far looks great but the 150 has a few issuse such as a totally busted rear fenders the side plastic on bothe sides of the gas tank are twisted and the center plastic covering the gas tank is cracked.Also the shroud covering the rear disc is bent.The box on the outside looked fine I wonder how all that damage was done? The box had to have been droped on its side.Oh well, I havn't had time to do a full detailed inspection but I have to say the 150 inspite of the broken plastic is very impressive.The camo color lookes awsome.Also instead of hi-bird it says Eagle on the side wich looks pretty cool.The 250 has no stickers on it except for the warning decals wich will be gone soon.Hopefully I will be able to assemble the 250 tomarrow in between my daughters softball games.I will post more as I know more...

Old 06-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

Whiskers,
I was wondering if you culd give me some advice on my wifes 150 automatic.I just assembled it less a few broken body parts and fired it up.It started rite up and runs beautifully.I have no rear brake at all,is there a way to adjust her rear brake ? Also I noticed when I put her auto trans into revers the rear end lowers a tad is that normal?Another thing I didnt know is that it came with a backup kickstart and a wirless remote start.I have some major front end adjusting to do on the 250 it is really squirly.I think I seen a thread on here about that I'll have to look that up.Being new to quads it dont seem like they coast that well is that a normal thing?How tight should the chain be?on bothe bikes they are very tight.I hope I'm not being a pain in you and xo's butt just a little green...

Old 06-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer

kczukiman,
The squatting of the rear end is normal when shifting into reverse. It's a torque change thing. The brakes may be a problem however. There is no adjusting the hydrulic brakes. All you can do is bleed them. Butalso make sure there is actually fluid in the reservoir on the handlebar. With the treatment yours got I wouldn't be surprised to find it leaked out. You should have instant pressure on the hand lever as you pull it. There is a bleed screw under a little rubber cap on the top of the brake caliper. Usually around 8mm wrench. Just crack it and sqeeze the brake to push any air out of the line. Close it then release the lever. Repeat until you get very good pressure as soon as you start to squeeze the lever.Keep the reservoir full as doing this. If you are getting good pressure and no braking action you could have a froze brake puck in the caliper. Not common though. If this doesn't cure the problem you'll have to get the dealer involved. I can't believe the condition you got that one in. As for the coasting that bike should coast easily. If not it has a drag on the brakes somewhere. By the way you must have got a later version than ours as ours has neither the remote or the kick start. As for the 250 being squirelly, the first place to start is the rear axle. make sure it is square to the frame or you will never get the front end adjusted. we have had some issues with chain alignment causing misalignment. You may have to swap the sprocket to the opposite side of the hub. [See earlier in this thread]It sounds backwards but all front ends,except front wheel drives, actually follow the lead of these solid rear axles. Set it up with a little tow in as it will be tow out as your weight bounces it up and down. Good luck on getting some satisfaction from your dealer. Hope he proves himself. Let him know there are a lot of guys watching. Sure made a difference when I hit mine up about a bad ball joint!

Old 06-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Trailblazer

kczukiman, I just was rereading your earlier post that says your 150 says Eagle on it instead of Hi Bird. Something to check into. I might be wrong, but most of the quads I see with eagle on them are actually Sunl coming out of Bestprice in Dallas. If so you might want to double check every picture you got when first shpping Motorextemes. You may have got a lesser bike because of availeability. See the thread, Sunlsucks!

Old 06-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

Whiskers , thanks for the headsup.I looked at the pictures for motorxtreme and there are a few changes but dosnt look like the ones I seen on the sunl website.But who knows.I'll definatly check tomarrow with the dealer.My 150 has the same motor as the hibird same suspension,but mine has solid rubber florboards,kick start and a alarm wich at first I thought was a remote start.One thing I did notice that the picture showed dark green on the underside of the fenders and this one is white.looks pretty stupid on a camo bike.
Also the front shocks are different,They are designed like the front shocks on the jetmoto 250 sport instead of the the standard hi-bird shocks.I will update you after I call the dealer tomarrow.

Thanks again for you input..

Old 06-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Trailblazer

I think you got a substitute. The Hi Birds have all been the same base color through the plastic, with a woven strap floorboards. No kickstart or alarm. I'd make him send you what you ordered. Good Luck !

Old 06-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

I agree. There are 2 strikes on this deal: 1) shipping damage and 2) it is not the machine you were promised.

For just one or the other of those I might shrug my shoulders and move on. Both at the same time is more than I'd settle for.

About the colors: I'm guessing they don't really mold plastic in camo ... I could be wrong. When I read your description I picture a set of white molded plastics with a camo 'skin' applied (sometimes it's almost like shrink wrap).

I checked under the fenders on a Camo quad I saw at Pep Boys (a ute, not a sporty style) it was molded in plain tan color. The camo was only on the top surface. Woodland camo looked fine when the underlying color was tan. I imagine it looks kinda silly over white.

I wouldn't make much of the fact that you don't like the color underneath the fenders, though. You've already got plenty of legit reasons to return it -

#1 Wrong product. That's more than enough all by itself.
#2 Damage.

I'd only mention the color if I thought the deal was teetering and needed one last little push to make it go down. Call it a weak #3 to be used in desperation.

BTW: I've never seen a remote on an adult machine.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

After calling the dealer today all decission makers were out of the office ,but I did talk to Niki in sales and Chris in parts.From what I was told the unit I have is an upgrade.wich I can see some points to that meaning, solid rubber floor boards,backup kick start,larger wheel base,alarm,battery charger.That being said,The body is not the molded plastic wich totally kills the look . the bike starts and runs fantastic .I have riden it a couple of times today and it does great.
What I told Niki was I may keep the bike if they send me all new skins either in the molded camo or Black.I really don't know at this point until I talk to Kevin tomarrow what I will settle for.Also They told me if I do want to ship it back I just have to secure it to a pallet.Who has a pallet in their garage or a banding machine.Pluse i went 85 miles round trip to pick this thing up.
More to come tomarrow.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Pro Rider

Good points - especialy if you really like the machine. I suppose you need new plastics anyway because of the damage, so a color change should be free. LArger wheel base has gotta be a good thing. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Detailed report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200, complete.