Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Detailed report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200, complete.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailed report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200, complete.

Well the Eagle is finally gone,good deal.But I won't be getting the new 150 until monday.Tat sucks I finally had a free weekend to mess with it .Oh well I mentioned earlier that the bike wasn't coastng well and it was sugessted that I may have a brake draging ,I do the rear disc.It don't look like I have much room for adjusting on the adjustment screw but I'll see what happens.

Whiskers did you get you new bike yet?

Old 06-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer

No not yet. I was hopeing like you to mess with it this weekend. But I got a ton of other stuff I need to get done anyway. Main problem here is it's never goin to quit raining !!!! My son works for a boat dealer and got me a steal on a trade in bass boat. I was hoping to get it in the water for the first time this weekend. But it don't look like that's going to happen either ! But I bet I find a few minutes to go out on the wifes bird and get muddy !

Old 06-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

Well at least a good run in the mud would be fun...
I have some issues with my 250.It seems to be a very fussy starter.I took off hte rear skins today so I could get to the carb.After adjusting the airfuel and idle I had it purring like a kitten.The throttle is real responsive and no backfire.After letting it idle for about 20 mins I shut it off and put it all back together.Started it up went for a ride and went thru all the gear finally made it to fourth gear with plenty of power.Turned around went back to the driveway put it in nutral and let it idle then it died.Tried to start it nothen.Let it sit for 10 mins grabed a beer to keep from getting discouraged went back to start it and bam fired rite up.I backed it up put it in first tried to go put poof died.I thought I gave it plenty of time to desolve the gel pack if there was one in it but it just seems like there is something in that carb.I keep hoping that it will eventualy work itself out but who knows.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Trailblazer

kczukiman,

I had similar issues with my 200. It ran perfect until i got the air filter full of muddy water ! I had to take the carb off when cleaning the air filter wasn't enough. It did the same thing as yours. I finally took off the bow2l and blew evertything out with an air hose from the venturi towards the bowl. Put it back together and everything was fine after that. But I noticed the bolts were a little loose holding the carb to the manifold when I took ity off. So I have to wonder if it wasn't sucking air to start with ! i don't think they put the gel paks in the carbs anymore myself. I sure didn't see any signs of that with these first bikes. But I did have to adjust the needle into the richest position to make it run it's best. Some guys have had to go to a bigger main jet size.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks I'll check the bolts going to the manifold first.I havn't ridden it much to get the air cleaner dirty.When you took the bowl off did you have to take the whole carb off ?

Old 06-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

Yea, it's easier to just pull the carb. While you're doing it check the top nut on the carb, It can work loose and suck air also. And the choke cable if it is not attached solid in it's bracket can cause some of the cold starting problems.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think my wife is ment to have an ATV.I received her 150cc today from vbike.us and for some reason it looks like the trucking company played ping pong with it.And to top it all off the right side of the rear axle is bent big time.So i called the dealer a vbikes and he told me rap it up he is sending me a new bike tomarrow.Can you believe that?It is a pain to repack the bike but what a guy,he didn't bat an eye .That is customer service with a Capitol C.It took me over a week to get something done at motorxtremes.Tim a vbike rocks!

By the way I noticed that this 150 has grease fittings on the front end .Wow thats a god thing.Well I guess we have to wait until wed or thurs to get he new bike.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer

Man,

I can't believe the trouble you're having. Sounds like someone in the trucking company don't want her to have an atv ! But it sounds like you are dealing with a good guy. I got the Panther intoday. Boy, Your luck is like mine. They were supposed to ship it to a terminal 40 miles from me. It went to one 110 miles away and it rained all the way home. Then as I unpacked the totally undamaged machine I find it isn't the Roketa at all. But some look alike with 19' instead of 21" wheels and coil over shocks instead of the air reservoir shocks. And similar but different plastics. Similar but different frame. Different type carb. I don't know what else. I'm waiting to hear from them to see how they are going to be about it. If they will get right with me I'll keep it. Otherwise let the credit card company argue with them. Maybe it just not the right time to buy atv's !!!

Old 06-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

wow,you too? I don't understand the bait and switch and the 1/2 thruths with the chines distributors.If they are getting inconsistant bikes frome china check every crate then.These bikes for the price are awsome why can't most dealers be.Soetimes its worse then dealing with a used car saleman.That being said I hope they do you right.I think it would better for the store to assemble them put them on a motorcycle pallet then shrink rap the h_ll out of it.Then ship it to the customer.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

You know, with just a little integrity these dealers could have really good businesses. I have always heard that our host on this forum is a man of integrity. I just can't afford his quads. So far I have either had good lick or others have had good luck with best-buy, AZsupply,aka vbike.us . I just had to go for a new guy! But we'll see how it goes. The quad is actually built pretty nice. With the same mechanics as the roketa but the larger tires and wheels were what made the deal. Also the better shocks. If he'll replace them or get right on the money end so I can replace them, I'll keep this one rather than ship it back. I know if it goes back they will come and get it ! Man I wish I could afford to become a dealer. I'd sure make sure to deliver what I advertise. Thing that get's me, is it wasn't drop shipped !

Quick Reply: Detailed report, Hi-Bird Tornado 200, complete.