Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Outlaw 90

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlaw 90

Has anyone bought the Outlaw 90? If so, tell us what you think of it. Thankx

Old 03-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlaw 90

Hello! I got one of these for my son in November. So far it is a Great quad. My son absolutely loves it.

Pros:

Best thing is the reverse. I don't see how a kid could ride one without it.
Electric start.
Lights! I can't believe the other manufacturers don't install lights.
Independent front suspension.
Adjustable preload suspension (Easy to adjust for rider weight).
Grease fittings on suspension pivot points. I hit these every time he gets it wet to shove the water out.
The throttle limiter is very adjustable & easy to get to. As delivered it is VERY limited. Don't be put off
if you test ride one and it's a real dog. This was very good for my inexperienced son to learn with.
After the first few rides he was asking for more power, after a few more rides he was fine with full power.
This is a GREAT feature. Note it is throttle limit only as this is a 4 stroke, does not have the ignition limiter
like the Predator did.
Great brakes, and a good parking brake.
Easy maintenance- seat comes off easy, easy access to air filter, etc.
Overall very high quality in my opinion.

Cons:

Seems to be jetted very lean from factory. Impossible to start below about 50 degrees on choke alone.
Below about 50 I have to use starting fluid (ether) to get it going. Then it runs OK & starts right up if still warm.
Battery capacity seems a little small. May be just fine in summer, this is certainly aggravated by the too-lean situation.

Overall we are VERY happy with it.

I don't know how much experience you have with kids quads (I have very little) but I was WAY put off by the dealers attitudes towards real life as
far as it concerns the proper machine for a given age child. Now I realize this is the fault of ambulance chasing lawyers and not the dealers themselves, but it made it impossible to properly pick out a machine based on the dealer's suggestions. According to the lawyers/dealers I myself am barely old enough to ride it!!! Had we listened to the (admittedly handcuffed) dealers suggestions, we would have bought a 50cc instead, and my kid would be emarrassed to ride it. My son is not a racer or daredevil, and the size/power are perfect for him Do yourself a BIG favor, and if this is your first kid's quad get some real life advice from other owners before selecting a particular size for your kid's age/experience/maturity level.
I'm wary of liberals & lawyers too, so I can't tell you what age/size my son is, BUT: The power level of this machine is perfect for a 10-12 year old in my opinion.

I am a professional mechanic (on larger machines). I researched & shopped these for quite some time before I took the plunge, and I'm real happy with the Outlaw. I plan to see how the jetting looks with the warmer temps this summer, and may leave it alone. It hasn't been a big deal so far.

Hope this helps!