Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

most reliable chineese kiddy quad

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most reliable chineese kiddy quad

im thinking of buying my little guy a cheap china 4-stroker to get him riding,his sister has a predator 90 thats getting tuned up to keep her happy for a year or so,then ill move her up to something bigger and pass the predator down to him.
ive looked around at the different 70 and 90's,i like the price,size of the meerkat 90,how well will it hold up,i dont want to buy something im always working on....if i cant get a decent chineese mini ill buy him a unison 90 and limit it down
anyone have other recomendations on the china stuff?
thanks

Old 03-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

if you got the coin buy the unison it will last a few years and will be more reliable. the china ones serv the purpose and they seem to be getting better but if you go china buy from raceway atv..best service around and they have unison.

hoyt

Old 03-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

now that i think of it the best china quads since most of them use the same motors in the kids ones probably the one that is easiest to get parts for.

kazuma
redcat

im sure there will be more suggestions coming soon

hoyt

Old 03-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

raceway always seems to have parts for theirs all the time too.

hoyt

Old 03-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Redcat, Kazuma, or Jetmoto. I call them the 'Big three' of the Chinese. Raceway sells the Kazumas and Jetmotos and has parts for all of the above. But hoyt already was on top of it and mentioned that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2007, 08:16 AM
Trailblazer

The kuzuma meercat 50 has no front suspension.No front springs. I,ve seen used etons cheap on ebay.I have one,and its not too bad.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Although the meerkat has no front suspension it is tough as nails. Very simple to work on and not much to break. Very reliable. It is the smallest of the Chinese quads by far so depending on how old and how big your child is it may be too small.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Had a meerkat myself, was pretty bulletproof.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer

I picked up a couple of Raceway Mini 90's for my kids for Christmas and I am very happy with them. They are just a little bigger than the Meerkat. I have pictures of them posted along with my kids on Christmas day. These are basically just like the Sunl 90's but Raceway is getting them from a different source and Jetmoto is importing them for Raceway. The Sunl 90's had a really bad reputation because you could not get parts and they had a problem with the swing arm welds cracking but the ones Raceway is getting now have all those problems resolved. The only problem I have had so far is the cheap China batteries, but I expected to have to replace those after reading so much about issues here. I also add 1.5 inch wheel spacers so if you check out my pictures, mine are wider than stock. Raceway has been really great to work with. Good luck and I hope your kid enjoys whatever you deside to get as much as mine have enjoyed theirs.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Range Rover

I have two sl 70's from sunl, both have been reliable, I added home made wheel spacers to the one my son rides, the other mostly sits in the shed, I got a deal on both, the one had a broke frame, I had both frames reinforced (welded), changed the bolts/nuts on the rear to keep the chain tight so I could tighten them without striping the threads, changed the batts, and moded the hand brake so he could get to it easy. His cousin got one for Christmas but I just found out the other day that he is now having elec. problems, and carb probs. BUT his step dad let him ride in a mud pit or somthing cause it looked like it was drenched in a mud puddle! I told him he probably got one of the connectors coroded (spelled wrong), I am slowly putting silicone on my sons, probably get it done some time so it wont happen to us. And the reason we have two is because the person I got them off of bought two and that is what they were selling! My wife putts around some with our son, so do I, I weigh 270 she weighs 130, I know I'm tooooo big, I only putt around some and it holds up good! (crosses fingers) ours look just like the ones in the pics above of the ones from raceway, but his cousins looks similar, but has longer A-arms to give it a wider stance, A VERY GOOD IMPROVEMENT!