Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Chinese Battery Question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese Battery Question?

With the Chinese batteries that you have to fill with the electrolite liquid, do you have to remove the little red breather cap that faces downward prior to use. I was running my 150 and 200 with these batteries and noticed the battery case was expanding. I removed the batteries and took the cap off to let the pressure out. I am assuming that the cap should be left off so that the battery can "breathe"...is this correct? I wish the manual had mentioned something about this, could be dangerous.

I know these batteries suck...but so far they have been good for me...until they actually die, I will stick with them before I get better batteries.

Thanks,

Bil

Old 03-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes remove the cap. You should have a hose to hook up to it. It is the vent/breather for the battery.

Old 03-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks tsdgoes...I was wondering what the clear tubes were for...I thought they were there to help fill the battery!!! I ran down to the garage and fixed it up right away.

This could potentially be very dangerous if that battery blew up...man o' man!!!

Bil

Old 03-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

i too thought the clear hose was for filling the cells, and used one of them to do that on all 3 batteries. none of my batteries had caps on the breather opening, but i'll put the hoses on tomorrow. is there a hole in the bottom of the battery well to run the hose through? or a groove to slide the hose into, any way to keep it from moving?

just a random question on if anyone had the same ailments as me with the batteries: mine were in a translucent bottle with a cap intended to have the tip cut off, there was a foil seal over the openinning of the bottle. the tip had to be cut almost completely off to get a hole, and the threads leaked horrendously, so by the time i was done there was acid all over, no way around it. thanks to the chinese there was plenty of overfill in the bottles. did everyone have these issues?

Old 03-26-2007, 03:14 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: hipergp

just a random question on if anyone had the same ailments as me with the batteries: mine were in a translucent bottle with a cap intended to have the tip cut off, there was a foil seal over the openinning of the bottle. the tip had to be cut almost completely off to get a hole, and the threads leaked horrendously, so by the time i was done there was acid all over, no way around it. thanks to the chinese there was plenty of overfill in the bottles. did everyone have these issues?
On the batteries that i have filled the ones with the foil were all in a group. Sort of like 6 little containers all attatched together. On those bottles I pressed the "container tops" (the part with the foil on it) into the battery filler holes. The battery holes have a point that will open the foil top. on a few others I got 1 bottle of acid and had to fill each cell individually.

bilinvic, It must have been pretty exciting to see that battery case expand. I wonder if it would have blown off the red cap or split the battery first? Good thing you didnt have to find that out the hard way.