Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Redcat 250 ( Kazuma )

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 03:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat 250 ( Kazuma )

I have a Redcat 250. The only way I can get it to start is by giving it a small shot of eather. After it starts it runs fairly decent as long as you keep your thum into it. It will not Idle or start with out giving it a shot of eather. I took the carburator off and cleaned both the main jet and the idler jet. I could see through both jets so they were not cloged. But still have the same problem. If there is anyone that could help me with this problem it would be very much appreciated.
Thank you,
JJ

Old 04-11-2007, 03:44 AM
Range Rover

I really don't know if this is going to help you, because my atv is the Jetmoto 250 sport... I had a small starting problem also... I'm not sure if the carb's are the same or even close... But this is what raceway had me do... At the top of the carb where the throttle cable goes into the carb.. It goes through the center of a round cap... I had to unscrew the cap... Their's a spring underneath, and a long spacer. At the bottom of the spacer their's a long needle attached... If you take everything completely out of the carb, and look down the center(inside the spacer) You should see a spring type clip that holds the needle in place. Remove the throttle cable so that you can just hold the spacer with the needle in your hand.. Push the needle up through the top, until the spring type clip just falls in your hand... Now pull the needle out, and look at which groove the C-clip on the needle is in... Move the C-clip down one groove/notch .. This will raise the needle a little bit... And put it back together... JUST!!!!!!! Make sure when you put the spring type clip back in , that it's not covering any of the holes in the bottom of the spacer!! You will see when you look down at it... Also make sure that the large gap in the spacer is centered, and facing the idle adjustment screw, and the long narrow gap(where you removed the throttle cable from) will face the opposite side... After you get it running, you will need to adjust your idle again.....

Well I hope this helps you... if not... Maybe it will help somebody else... I know it worked for my starting problem....

Old 04-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just look at my HOW TO carb adjustment post. This should get you going.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/cate...m/catid/10.cfm

Old 04-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

I found out what was wrong. The intake manafold had a big crack in it. Thank you to the people that tried to help.