Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Big name brand atv's VS. the little chinese

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big name brand atv's VS. the little chinese

Alright reading this forum all I see (the majority) is help questions with the cheaper chinese atv's and some with the name brands, and I forever see new peaople postic questions over which one to buy, money is an issue. Well let's hear everyone's thoughts on it. If you had to do it all over again, would you have bought what you did or would you have upgraded?

Old 04-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Here's my quick reply, NO! I bought chinese because they were cheap but buy cheap buy twice! My kids did like them but after constant minor headaches from them, ( I love the features and the price, but they are didposable bikes) I decided to get my kids "realbikes" and no problems yet, I am very happy with them and it is well worth the money, but do your homework first. Don't get me wrong, you can only afford what you can afford, and who's to say that your child will even like the bike. But one thing about the bigger name brands, thaey are easy to sell down the road. Alright who's next. This was not posted to tick anybody off, get your kids off the couch and getthem riding, it is a proven fact that with regular paced atv ride you use every muscle in your body, great excercise.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer

I would love to see more on this post. I have been looking at the little 500-600 cheap ones for my boys... Can not decide if I want to just wait and get them a good one next year or go cheap and get em one now.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I will never buy a Chinese ATV again, nothing against the Chinese, but their bikes are crap. I will do without next time to get my kids a name brand.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

What kind o problems come along with these lil chinese bikes? Just curious because it looks like so far everyone is against them.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Let me see, umm, non-functioning carbs., broken welds, busted headlight bulbs after first outing, loose nuts/bolts.
Don't even try to jump off the ground more than an inch for fear of the frame falling apart, that is all.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Absolutely I would have bought my two Chin quads again. They have both been beaten hard and have been very reliable. Even if they did have a few minor problems, it would be worth it for the price I paid for them. As far as being disposable, that's a load of bull too. Blow an engine on a name brand quad, you'll pay as much if not more for a rebuild as you will for a brand new engine on a Chin quad. How's that disposable?

Old 04-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Dear All,
I hope you missed me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I traded my Kazuma 250 just to get rid of it and took a huge loss. I went and bought a Honda 250ES...dream machine and no issues! Sorry, they are not there yet. I have been trying to get info on the new Jetmoto ATV, but Raceway has been blowing me off. They counted ole Seadawg out. I'm thinking of buying one to do a good review. God bless. SEADAWG

Old 04-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well lets see I have a garage full of chinese quads. Would I do it again? Heck yes. As long as you do a PROPER setup and a little more maintenance they can be relaible. Im not saying I have not had any problems at all but just like any name brand they all have problems. My problems have been very minor.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes I would do it again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] In fact I plan on purchasing a Jetmoto 250 later on in the year. At this point I purchase the Chinese stuff for my own curiosity/hobby.

When it came down to reliability for my daughter and what she rides, I purchased Name Brand so I could have peace of mind. I know exactly what to expect from her Honda. I also know she will make it back from every ride we go on.

Here's something for you all to think about. I just purchased a 1981 Honda 185s ATC. That makes it 26 years old people! It runs great its just a little noisy. I picked it up for $150.00 and all it needs is a timing chain tensioner. It will need a new set of rings later on in the year, but tell me if that does not have some proven reliability built in to it?

SB

Quick Reply: Big name brand atv's VS. the little chinese