Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

need help removing starter from suzuki lt80

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help removing starter from suzuki lt80

i need help removing starter from lt80.anyone know how to remove it?any help will be appreciated.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never removed one but i have a repair manual, in the manual it states to remove the starter: first disaconnect the battery ,second disconnect wire at connector on starter motor lead. Unbolt and withdraw starter motor. Note the location of all componates during disassembly to aid in reassembly. During installation, make sure "O" ring is positioned around neck of pinion cover, then guild starter into position. Remainder of installation is the reverse of removal procedure. Sorry but there are no pictures of removal and reinstallation in my manual, i hope this is of some help to you ; williebee !

Old 04-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Range Rover

most starters just have a wire and 2 bolts holding them in. like Willie said, remove wire, bolts and pull straight out on the unit. should pop right out.

others have chains that you have to remove a sidecover to get to. since Willie has the manual, looks like this isn't the case for you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Disconnect the positive lead at the battery.
Stand the machine straight up. This gives easy access.
Remove the lead wire and the 2 bolts holding it in (8mm).
You will have to bump it to get it out of the case (the o-ring mentioned holds it tight).
The starter will wiggle out. It is TIGHT!!! You will cuss and maybe even throw something, but it will come out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default LT80 starter ... continued

I took out the two 8mm bolts, used a crowbar and finally broke the starter free. Of course, I cannot get it out of the area that it is in now. How does one get it out of the area once you have it unmounted from its hole?

Ray

Old 08-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by rayb
I took out the two 8mm bolts, used a crowbar and finally broke the starter free. Of course, I cannot get it out of the area that it is in now. How does one get it out of the area once you have it unmounted from its hole?

Ray
it should come out, i always take the carb off to get more clearance, and you can unbolt the motor mount and lean the top half to one side if needed.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lt 80 help

Hi guys i have a 2004 suzuki lt80 and i cannot find the starter on mine....i put a new battery in it...but when i go to turn it over all it does is click...i think the relay is bad or it can be the starter..but i cannot find the starter. is it anywhere by the oil reservore? thanks Kyle

Old 03-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Check the breaker at the rear of the wheeler. On the throttle side under the rear fender. Try pushing that button first. Thats what was wrong with mine.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The starter is under the carb.
Try pushing the red dot (like mentioned).

Old 05-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LT80
Disconnect the positive lead at the battery.
Stand the machine straight up. This gives easy access.
Remove the lead wire and the 2 bolts holding it in (8mm).
You will have to bump it to get it out of the case (the o-ring mentioned holds it tight).
The starter will wiggle out. It is TIGHT!!! You will cuss and maybe even throw something, but it will come out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I am trying to change the starter on the 2005 LT80, but am not having much luck. Cusing and throwing came in handy after crowbar hit head. That was all the further I got. That starter is in there tight. I took the carb off, and that did nothing. Do you hae any suggestions?

Quick Reply: need help removing starter from suzuki lt80