Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

new kazuma problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:40 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new kazuma problems

We have an alcander 150 from the offroadsource runs great only problem was a belt and hub bearings but the kid drive it hard. Brand new kazuma dingo and now i will not buy another. Where to start ok front hub not bearings the hub cracked almost in half first ride front lights both gone. A bad vibration cant tell if from engine or cvt one rear tire will not stay inflated. Have not received the papers i was told i would get in a week and to top of it all off the seller has jumped ship as i would like to call it. And i cant sell it to my worst enemy. Ok now i got that out maybee i got a lemon. Like i say alcander not bad but next time it will be a used honda for the kids.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer

Hi Timmerman,

Yeah, I have a 150cc quad very similar to your alcander 150. Mine is from the manufacturer that makes "Giovanni" bikes. It has the same GY6 engine that's in that alcander quad. The frame, plastics, bumpers and so on all look exactly the same except for just a couple minor differences (raptor copy). Indeed, I'm pretty impressed with this quad as well. I've been riding it myself (only 140 lbs though) and it really has quite a bit of bottom end power. I can get up a steep hill from a dead stop, no problem. For me, I've had minor problems as well. It is one year old now and the biggest problem was bolts coming loose. The bolt holding the muffler to the frame jiggled loose and the muffler came down hard on the frame, causing a crack in the exhaust. I just used exhaust tape, putty and hose clamps to fix it for now until my buddy can weld it for me when he gets back. I got some red locktite and locked all the major bolts into place. Since then, no more bolts are coming loose! I think this bike is a pretty good design and the gy6 engine should keep going for quite some time.

What kind of belt did you need? A new CVT belt? Did you get the kevlar replacement? I wanna get one of those just to keep on hand until my belt goes.

Kazuma quads seem to get very mixed reviews. I think you can get some good ones, but there are also lemons like you implied. Kazuma is definetely a step above Sunl or something like that, but definetely below jetmoto and probably also gio, alcander, loncin and many others are higher quality. Raceway still sells kazuma, so they must have some decent quality.

For me, I would only buy another chinese quad for a child (and I do already have a 70cc loncin for my daughter). For myself, however, I will be getting a japanese quad very soon and let my daughter or wife use the 150 gy6. I mean, they don't ride hard, so it will probably last quite a while when they are riding instead of me. To give the Loncin quad credit, I took it out and went nuts on it. lol. I ended up rolling it going top speed because I was riding like an idiot (I know better now but I was a noob. lol still am I guess). I was fine and more suprisingly the quad was fine. Well, I stretched the chain slightly and the starter got dead spots after that. However, it costed me $22.50 for the new starter and $12 for the new chain and now it runs perfectly again!

You sound like you are from Quebec? Am I right? I'm from Manitoba myself...

OffRoadNoob

Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Range Rover

Ok maybee jumped the gun abit. My neighbour who has a kuzuma fix my problems for under 100 and i also received paper work. Now that i have calmed down i think this bike will be good it stood up to my fist test and now i think will just be fine. The parts are cheap to buy so it gives me a piece off mind.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

i have a redcat 150 identical to that and have no serios problems in a year and ahalf...did you use lock tite on all the nuts and bolt? if not go through it and do it i have had no loose nuts and bolts, and periodically check them to make sure my son pounds that thing and it has held up, does your have the gear box on the axle? this is the only thing i worry about on his that is a crap design.

hoyt