Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Panther 110 ATV starter problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panther 110 ATV starter problems

I have a panther 110 ATV that I purched from an independent dealer in my area. It is manufacture by Buyang and inported by Jinsli. It would not start yesterday, starter made a high spin sound. I took the starter loose but could not get it to release from the motor because it is driving a chain that is attached to a ..clutch ***? I took the silver tube off and pulled out the wire ***. It looked fine and so did the brushes. I put the starter back on and reinstalled the brushes and silver tube. I checked the battery and it only showed 8.5 volts. I charged the battery overnight on a Auto trickle charger set for the small size battery and it charged to 12.5 volts. I put starter back in, and now it will just make a loud click sound. When I removed the starter housing, could I have got the chain off or bound that goes down in the engine. If so can, I remove that LH cover easily to put back on or adjust with starter. I believe there is some sort of plug in the center which looks like can be removed. Could it still be the battery, solienoid switch? Can I try to jump start with my lawnmower battery without damaging the stator? Could starter be bad? It gets hot when it makes the click sound.