Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Aeon Cobra 90 auto choke problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeon Cobra 90 auto choke problem

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on the auto choke system for me...

I just acquired a 2000 Aeon Cobra 90 2-stroke quad from a friend.

Since I was informed it had been sitting for 2 years the first thing I did was thoroughly cleaned out the carb, replaced the battery, and flushed out the gas tank.

Now it starts right up but acts as if there's no choke and subsequently dies moments after starting. I removed the auto choke assembly from the carb and tested to see if it does anything and it never moves with turning the key on or off or trying to start it. Using a multimeter I also determined that it does not receive any power on the 2-wire connector going to it.

Can someone shed some light on the operation of the auto choke? Is there a switch somewhere for this or how does it know when to choke and when not to? I think if this worked the quad would run perfect.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 08-23-2007, 09:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeon Cobra 90 auto choke problem

I figured this out last night so just wanted to post an update. The choke doesn't get power from the battery. It is only activated from the charging circuit. In other words, the motor has to be cranking or running for it to get power. Also mine works so I knew I had to look elsewhere for why it wasn't getting enough fuel and running right.

Sure enough, I found a mixture screw on the carb. Took everything apart again to clean out the passageways it leads to and upon reassembly and some tweaking this thing runs great now!