Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Ordered a JetMoto 250 today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007 | 09:00 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Ordered a JetMoto 250 today...

Got the Sport in black. What do I need to look out for. I bought this as an experiment...

How do they handle? Pretty tough? Can you wheelie them around without fear of busting up the front end and stuff?

Old 11-29-2007 | 11:50 PM
|
Pro Rider

Noone can help me out here?

Old 11-30-2007 | 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

Im wondering the exact same thing? I myself am calling raceway tomorrow to ask a John a couple of questions because im also looking at buying the exact same ATV. From What i here about a week and a half ago a new shipment is being sold and has a couple of different features as well as some nerf bars that they have added to that model. Just what i heard from a phone call i made this week to Jetmoto in San Fran.

Old 11-30-2007 | 11:34 AM
|
Pro Rider

That would be hooked up if it came with nerfs. I ordered mine in black. I am gonna reverse the front wheels to get a wider stance, and try to drop the a$$ end a little bit...

Old 11-30-2007 | 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

What type of riding are you planning on doing? Well let me know what happens when you get it let me know if the nerfs come with it. Also post some pics up when you get the chance and if possible videos as well. Where are you located? When are you supposed to get the bike? I still need to order mine next week hopefully did you order from Raceway?

Old 11-30-2007 | 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

There is a whole bunch of threads about the Jetmotos in the Raceway's area of this site (At the top of the main forum page!)
I have a bunch of video's of my 250 Sports and the 150 Sport can be found on my Jetmoto site but at the moment Racewayextreametube had just been hacked and all my videos are no longer there. I do have one video (my first just after I put them together) that is on putfile.com that can also be found on my Video page on my site.
www.myjetmotos.8k.comwww.myjetmotos.8k.com

Old 12-01-2007 | 09:11 AM
|
Pro Rider

To be quite honest, I am fixing to open a business and I am wanting to carry them. I am going to pound on this thing quite literally, so that I can learn about the quality of the quad. I plan on this thing spending alot of time on the back wheels, wide open.
I already plan to put new oil in, oil the chain, flip the front wheels (if possible), loctite the bolts around the plastics, pegs, and other areas. I may or may not go ahead and slime the tires. I will definately do it if I take it off my property, but if I stay close to the house, I have 4 quads and a portable compressor.
Can you tell me how I can cross reference part numbers for a new plug? I want to put a NGK in it. Also, I am considering running Hi Tac or Slick 50 in it too... unless you think that is a bad idea.
When it gets here I will post some pics of the crate and the assembly. And I will let you know if it comes with nerfs or not...

Old 12-01-2007 | 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hope your not going to be disappointed but the 250 sport does not have enough power to spend a lot of time on the back wheels! It's a 250 and an old technology 250 at that. It will pull a wheelie on pavement when you dump the clutch (watch my first video) but will not in the dirt. It's not a Honda 450! First off read the thread about the 07 250 sport are in in Raceway's area, this will give you a good idea what this quad is! There is a lot of useful threads about the Jetmotos on there your going to want to read, some good some not so good! Look at my repair page on my site also!

Old 12-01-2007 | 02:23 PM
|
Pro Rider

Which quad did you change the rear shock mount on? The 150 or 250? Also, you and I are comporable in size, so did it break, and if so were you riding it?

Looking at the castlenut photos makes me think... are the bolts on the wheels dummies and the wheels are held on with the castle nut, or is the castlenut for the purpose of holding the hub on the axle?

Spark arrestor? If so, can you take the rear cap off and get to it?

I appreciate the help outofline... also, are you the one that replaced the stock sparkplug? If so, how did you cross reference it?

Old 12-01-2007 | 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

I just uploaded a 250 outing video to Putfile for ya to see what you can expect from the 250 Jetmoto. Not a real racer but they have been fun for us! And it was my 16 year old boy who broke the swing arm off a steep jump and it was his Red 250 sport!
http://media.putfile.com/Jetmoto-250-Outing

I don't recall the plug, it is I believe documented on the 250 thread!

Quick Reply: Ordered a JetMoto 250 today...