Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Spacers

Yeah.. but considering we are looking for that intermediate machine.... I think the blaster is the target size we are looking for. Now if someone put a 90 cc motor on a blaster frame... then we would be getting some where. If I were shooting for perfect world, I'd say that the 12 to 16 year old group should have a high limit of 125, and a frame the same size as a blaster. There are some really good 125's out there.. and the frame size is perfect for the bigger kids.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel Spacers

Both my wife and myself have the three inch stud type on the back of our bikes no issues at all.I can't imagine braking one of these studs they are super heavy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...370004990945QQtcZphoto

Old 12-17-2007, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel Spacers

My concern with the stud type spacers is the kind of pressure they put on the holes. Maybe it is the same as without spacers but just seems the pressure is different since you don't have the rim flush against the hub. The billet style ones seem much less likely to have any problems but like someone mentioned you don't read about much problems coming from the stud spacers. But that might be because most are going on small atvs with lighter riders and not large ATVs with large riders who are doing a lot of hard riding.

The link was great as it shows the seller also sells a set of billets for 50 bucks, far cheaper than I've seen anywhere else.

What bike did you put them on and how hard would you say you have ridden it with the spacers?

Old 12-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel Spacers

I put them on my wifes 150 roketa and my vbike 250.We only have a few hours on them with the spacers.I did not change my riding pattern.I talked to the distributer on the phone and he has assured me that He has never had any issues from these spacers even to include big atv's and people who race.On there web site they have several testimonials for them.They are extreamly heavy duty you will notice that right away when you hold one in your hand.I just put locktite on each one and wrenched them on.In my opinion well worth the money.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel Spacers

Far cheaper than a trip to the emergency room or worse...

Old 12-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel Spacers

Here is their web site.
http://www.crjperformance.com/atvwhsp.html

Old 12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel Spacers

raptor80racing has some as well...

Old 12-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel Spacers

kczukiman,
could you send a close up of the wheel spacers installed?

Old 12-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel Spacers

I'm so tempted, they are quite cheap and most people have not had bad problems with them. Maybe it is the engineer in me but it just seems like they put a lot of bending pressure where the extender studs meet the metal ont eh hub and the rim.

The pressure is different than with the rim flush as the pressure on the stud is all lateral which they handle fine. When they are extended out, the offset creates stress at a different angle, putting a lot of stress on the area where the stud meets the other metals. I'm sure the hub and rims were not designed to take that angle of load.

For sure the billet spacers are fine as they maintain a flush contact between the hub and rim, although it still is extended out a bit.

Maybe I'll talk to the guy you mentioned.

Thanks

Old 12-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wheel Spacers

@kczukiman

I looked up the links and they seem to be different companies and the prices are quite different as well. One set is like 18 bucks and the other around 65 bucks. The company selling the cheap studs also sells billets for 50 bucks. Are you sure these are the same extenders?

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers