Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

New Baja 90

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Baja 90

Hi everyone. I received a Baja 90cc Wilderness ATV as an Xmas present from my parents. My dad said although it's not one of the best brands, it should be a good starter.

It's arriving in stock in a few days, and I was wondering if there is anything that I need to do prior to running it for the first time- other than changing the oil?

Old 01-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Range Rover
Default New Baja 90

Put a wrench on every nut and bolt before you ride it to check for loose fasteners. Loc-tite as much as you can, too. These quads are notorious for dropping hardware due to poor initial set-up.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Baja 90

Alright, will do, thanks for your help!

Old 01-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Baja 90

For a Chinese quad they are pretty darn good. I bought one for my boys 3 years ago, one of the 1st few the local Canadian Tire sold. Really you don't have to do much other that put it together out of the box. They used to get an actual PDI at the factory on these units for checking bolts etc. I don't know if they still do now or what.

You have to change the engine oil as soon as you get it. AS they come with a shipping oil which is not good quality and is not ment for normal quading. Your service manual will tell you all about it and how to break it in etc. They actually have a real good manual you should read it over.

If you have any questions once you get I'm someone on here can help out.

There is a real long thread on the "BAJA 90" if you check the archives. It has tons of info on it.

For the price which I think is only a $1000 now they are a good deal. I'd buy one agian for a beginner quad for kids.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Baja 90

I'll still be checking the bolts I think though lol.

For the oil, can you use synthetic oil in these things or just regular oil?

I'm gonna go read some of that thread, thanks.

I think that that's how much my dad paid for mine, $1000 @ Crap tire.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Baja 90

I just use regular 10w-40 in the summer and 10-30 in the winter, it tells it all in the manual The boys get it started down to -15 sitting outside no problem. Ours still has the cheapo original battery. They have a cheapo chain on them that needs to be adjusted as it stretches etc. Ours is still lasting once the chain reaches the adjustment limit I'm going to put on a good one.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Baja 90

Alright, thanks again.

One more question, after checking out the Baja website, I noticed that they have both the 90CC ATV and the 90CC Wilderness ATV. I have the Wilderness edition, but they look the same except for colors and stickers! Is there any real difference?

Old 01-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Baja 90

I believe the other one is a semi auto 4 speed trans, also they could be made in different factories. One thing to remeber when it comes to Chinese ATV's just because they look the same does NOT mean they are the same machine. Check the specs on the BAja site or a Pep boys site in the US as they sell them down there like CT does up here. A 4 speed trans would be really nice for it. We don't them up here as of yet. Just a note I'm told come spring CT will be selling the Baja 125 ATV and the 150 Dune buggy aswell.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Baja 90

Oh man, the 125s/150s look great..... hope that CT gets them in soon, and that they don't cost too much, it would be a tough decision between the 125 and 150, the 125 looks lower though, I'd probably go with the 150cc.

The 400cc seems nice, and cheaper than what the non-Chinese brands charge for something like that.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default New Baja 90

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Canadian144

Oh man, the 125s/150s look great..... hope that CT gets them in soon, and that they don't cost too much, it would be a tough decision between the 125 and 150, the 125 looks lower though, I'd probably go with the 150cc.

The 400cc seems nice, and cheaper than what the non-Chinese brands charge for something like that.</end quote></div>

You know I'm sure your gonna have lots fun on that little baja 90 but seeing your 14 you may find it a bit small in the power department with the style of trans it has.

Don't get me wrong its a low cost, good little beginner quad! My boys (and thier fiiends) like it. But they are younger then you. The oldest is now 12 and when climbing hills and what not it can be under powered for him. In general though for ripping around in the country on flat trails it's fine. Just don't expect to keep up to a guy on a Raptor 250!

We're thinking of getting another quad a Jetmoto 150. You can get them up here in Canada now and they're on sale now for 1400 bucks only. I'm going to take a look at them next week and see how they look.

We had the baja out today for a couple hrs. on skidoo trails that were nice and packed. The baja kept up just fine and the boys had a blast.

As for the other baja's CT sells be warned they are not all from the same factory!

I've heard nothing but bad things about that Baja 400 4x4! The engines seem ok its just everything else and electrical issues. The baja 250 was also good machine as the first ones we got up here were made by Jianshe. They have since switched suppliers on them. I've heard they are hit and miss some are not as good.

As for the baja 125 and Baja 150 dune buggy I don't know they maybe fine.

All I can say is do your homeworkwhen it comes to buying chinese quads.

At least with Canadian tire if you take one home and it doesn't work they'll give you your money back.

Quick Reply: New Baja 90