Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Advice for more low end power

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for more low end power

ok thanks for the help it makes sense to me know. I had some what the idea but just wanted to make sure and ask somebody how really knows. I have another question can you put a K&N filter or does it have to be a Uni pod or which might be better?

Old 02-26-2008, 07:02 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

I like the Pod's, (im cheap) but the K&N is just as good or better depending on who you ask.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Ok i finally my rear rim form jetmoto yesterday but i also ordered new screws for the back wheel cause i couldnt find any here at a local hardware store. They sent me some longer ones than stock but also sent me some nuts for it. My question is should the rims have screws and nuts cause when i got the bike it wasent like that but maybe there supposed to have nuts to hold them in place? If so ill go look for some nuts locally. Also i was wondering when i change the oil do you have to clean it with some other chemical before putting new oil? The reason i ask is cause i have changed the oil several times already and when i put new one in it still seems dirty and after riding it one time its dirty as hell so i put a new oil put its still the same. Could it be the oil cooler that is dirty and not the motor? Again do you you know what model of the uni pod is to replace stock filter on 250 Sport. Thanks for all the help and quick responses.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:07 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

do you drain the oil with the engine hot/warm? I would just blue loctite the wheel bolts. Using a lock nut would do the same thing. If you use a nut on the end be sure to hold the bolt with a socket as you tighten the nut or you could possibly loosen the bolt as you tighten the nut.

Make sense?

Old 02-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

i drain it cold cause its been sitting in the garage. Should it be warm? I thought about the blue loctite but wasent sure if it was a good idea i think ill do that cause i have that handy instead of going out and buying nuts for 3 wheels. Ive been going over all bolts yesterday and all of them seem to be really tight ever since i got it in Dec. just want to make sure nothing comes loose for this weekend. So do you really fel the difference when putting a new filter? Do you have to do anything before you install a new one. Thanks