Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

eton 90 no bottom end???????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eton 90 no bottom end???????????

I have a eton 90 I bought for my daughter.I thought it was me at first but this thing has NO power.I shoulden't say No power just on bottom end.everything is factory.the problem I have is there is no bottom end.I thought it was due to my weight but when she gets on it dose the same thing woun't even pull her up a slight slope.but if you flutter the gas sometimes it will pull.and (other times) most of the times it woun't.were should I start

Old 02-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Bummer,

I would start with the basics first, make sure you have good fuel then check if you have good fuel flow to the carb, pull the fuel line off the carb and turn on the gas, you should have a good fuel flow,
if that is ok it sound like carb issues, if you feel comfortable pulling the carb apart
check the idle and main jet for possible blockage.
It doesn't take much to clog the jets, they are small as heck, you can soak them in kerosene to loosen up any gummy crap.
Look up "how a carbeurator works" on the web and you will get a good idea on troubleshooting carb issues.

Good Luck

Old 02-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Try loosening up the exhaust front and rear and pull pipe a little away from the cylinder. I have had alot of older e-tons come in where people have used cheap oil that eventually stops up the exhaust. Just take quick test ride to see if it helps.
If it does replace exhuast with newer style exhaust from e-ton that has removable
spark arrester, it flows better than older style. This is if you have the 2-stroke
oil injected model and not the 07 and up 4-stroke. If this doesnt help check compression and make sure carb and carb jets are clean. If all that is good check
your variators clutch rollers and make sure they don't have flat spots on them.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

We have a 90 Polaris Scrambler that did the exact same thing..... we replaced the cvt belt even though we didn't think it was worn and bam it fixed the problem... now no problem with power up the hills. The belt was worn 15,000 of an inch. Our service calls for belt replacement every 10-15 hours or so.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

I would also check the variator, if the roller weights have come out of place or stuck it will not let it shift down. Kinda like starting out in high gear. Just make sure that the belt is as low in the front clutch/variator as it can go which is almost all the way in, if it's not that is your problem.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

Lots of good advice to follow..If all of that checks out I would also check the compression.