Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Vbike web site suspended

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vbike web site suspended

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Im not here to take digs at the v bike. But its certainly not a Jetmoto.

How much is knowing the brand will be around in a year worth? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I guess if some day I can't get parts from my dealer I can always count on Jetmoto parts bolting right on.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Sandman2.0

thanks for the welcome

And you can never really have enough toys can you?

I'm primarily a dirt bike guy but living in the northeast, </end quote></div>

Your welcome

Not in my opinion.

Me too, what do you ride?</end quote></div>

I ride a KX250 set up for the woods.........I'm still a real 2 stroke fan.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kczukiman

Hi sandman,No the vbike 4s is nothing like a hibird.I have owned both and sold my hibird and purchased a vbike.

For some reason this has become a thread to take a few digs at the vbike and thats ok.

And for the price difference I challange anyone to explane to me what makes the jetmoto 700.00 better then the vbike.

The issue of the rear suspension was brought up and I know that there are members here that have had to weld new suport brackets on the rear swing arms because there jetmoto suspensions busted.

</end quote></div>

I heard they were the same also.

Im not here to take digs at the v bike. But its certainly not a Jetmoto.

How much is knowing the brand will be around in a year worth? [img][/img]

That would be 2 of us total. One is a old guy who still thinks he is a expert level enduro rider. The other one was outoflines kid, no telling how hard he rides. The reason I broke mine is the quad was handling extremely well being hammered thru a bunch of whoops. I would be curious to see if the Vbike could go that fast in that kind of terrain.</end quote></div>

I'd have to say that the safer bet is the Jetmoto. I know you can get parts from multiple sources and it seems to be an established brand. The issue I see with some China quads and indeed lots of products made there is that alomost anyone can become a dealer.....I've dealt quite a bit with china for business (not moto related) and they will be happy to sell you items with your brand name on it......It can be the same as a number of other machines and in fact if you look at the 200 dual sport bikes, they are pretty much all the same with different brand name. It does add to the confusion. There are huge factories in china that can have multiple branding coming out of the same door at the end of the day. It does appear that Jetmoto has a superior product. I'm not sure if it's worth 500-700 more, hard to say with not having owned either. It doesn't take long to climb the ladder either....the vbike is $1300 but I can get a Jet for $1900........but wait..........for $2700.00 I can get a leftover 250 liquid cooled Kymco Mongoose.....and for a few hundred more.......Polaris Phoenix (Mongoose is better though but you get Polaris support and parts network). top that off with all the excellent used machines people are desperate to sell (Ex: I was offered an 05 500 predator with 5 hours on it for $2800! It's like new. To much machine for my tight woods though.....but you get the picture. Now if the Jetmoto 250 was $1500.....it would be a no brainer........OK.......this forum isn't helping my moto addition one bit ;-)) I'm also awaiting feedback on the 300 Vbike.........

Old 02-28-2008, 02:10 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I ride a KX250 set up for the woods.........I'm still a real 2 stroke fan.</end quote></div>

Sweet! I like 2 strokes a lot but needed either to get surgery on my knee or get a bike with a estart. I got a KTM 400 EXC. If I happen to have a spare $8000.00 someday Im going to get a 300 EXC with a estart. That would be the perfect dirt bike...if I can get used to NOT having engine braking.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:13 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

multiple sources and it seems to be an established brand. The issue I see with some China quads and indeed lots of products made there is that alomost anyone can become a dealer.....I've dealt quite a bit with china for business (not moto related) and they will be happy to sell you items with your brand name on it......It can be the same as a number of other machines and in fact if you look at the 200 dual sport bikes, they are pretty much all the same with different brand name. It does add to the confusion. There are huge factories in china that can have multiple branding coming out of the same door at the end of the day. It does appear that Jetmoto has a superior product. I'm not sure if it's worth 500-700 more, hard to say with not having owned either. It doesn't take long to climb the ladder either....the vbike is $1300 but I can get a Jet for $1900........but wait..........for $2700.00 I can get a leftover 250 liquid cooled Kymco Mongoose.....and for a few hundred more.......Polaris Phoenix (Mongoose is better though but you get Polaris support and parts network). top that off with all the excellent used machines people are desperate to sell (Ex: I was offered an 05 500 predator with 5 hours on it for $2800! It's like new. To much machine for my tight woods though.....but you get the picture. Now if the Jetmoto 250 was $1500.....it would be a no brainer........OK.......this forum isn't helping my moto addition one bit ;-)) I'm also awaiting feedback on the 300 Vbike.........</end quote></div>

I think I would buy the Predator.

I know what your saying about the Jetmoto costing a bit more.. Is it worth it? I think so.....atleast until someone tells me all the parts on the Vbike that arent made in China.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Range Rover

The one thing I always loved about 2 strokes is that they start really easy with the kicker, cold or hot........I love it when my pals with 4 stroke MX bikes stall and their kicking the thing trying to get it lit. I can have-heartedly prod the kick start and the KX fires up, hot or cold. The thing absolutely rips to but I've got a flywheel weight which helps immensly with hook-up and help prevent stalling. I'm glad KTM is supporting the 2 stroke market and Yamaha supposedly till 2010. YZ 250's are really popular woods mounts. You have quite a few Jetmotos in your sig line...... Have they all held up well?

Old 02-28-2008, 03:45 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

My CR500 did my knee in. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I rode it from '85 until '04. Now its a sand machine, has a paddle tire and a flag on it.

Except for the problem I had with my 250, all my Jetmotos are all still running great. Stock batteries dont hold a charge any more so I just jump start them and can use the estart the rest of the day.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Range Rover

My CR500 did my knee in. [img][/img] I rode it from '85 until '04. Now its a sand machine, has a paddle tire and a flag on it.

Except for the problem I had with my 250, all my Jetmotos are all still running great. Stock batteries dont hold a charge any more so I just jump start them and can use the estart the rest of the day.</end quote></div>

Do the Jet's and Vbikes come with maintenance free batteries or are they the crappy vent tube that corrodes the swingarm models? Yeah, Cr 500's are a real mans machine for sure!!

Old 02-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Hi sandman.My vbike came with a sealed battery but I can't say if they still do.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:13 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Do the Jet's and Vbikes come with maintenance free batteries or are they the crappy vent tube that corrodes the swingarm models? Yeah, Cr 500's are a real mans machine for sure!!</end quote></div>

All my Jets came with the crappy vent tube batteries. Suprisingly they all did good for over a year.

Quick Reply: Vbike web site suspended