Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Throttle Cable for Dirtrunner 49 (Baja Motorsports)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Cable for Dirtrunner 49 (Baja Motorsports)

Hi guys,
I know this is an ATV forum but I've received such great info regarding my little Kazuma 50 that I thought I'd give it a shot with our little dirtbike. It's a Baja Motorsports DR49 and the throttle cable was frayed so.....instead of actually watching my buddy take apart the connection to the carb I tried to console my 7 year-old. To make a long story short, I got a new cable, installed it the best I could but now when I start the bike it winds up to 5 or 6000 rpm's. There is a cylinder, spring, needle and small W shaped piece within the connection to the intake of the carb and I put it back together the way my buddy had but am not sure if he dropped a vital part, did it backwards, or if I'm just too much of an idiot to figure this thing out. It looks like the spring is compressed to the point that I can't even twist the throttle so I'm not sure where I went wrong.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default throttle cable

hi im just wondering where did you get the throttle cable too

Old 03-30-2010, 02:22 AM
Trailblazer

either you put the cylinder in wrong or the cable is too short not allowing the cylinder to fall to it's set depth. pull the cylinder off, then drop it down the carb. the screw to adjust the idle has the sloped slot with the grove marks on it from the screw hitting it. the side with the slot all the way up the cylinder goes on the side of the carb with the small pin (exact opposite of the idle screw)

I'll take a pic tomorrow to show you if you need it. take the cylinder off, and watch how far it goes down if u put it in right thru the opening for the air filter, I actually put a line in mine with a sharpie, then put the cable back on and see if it sits higher or the same drop. if it does there should be no rev. if it's in wrong it will have full rev like you're flooring it in both cases if the cable is too short on the slack coming out or if the cylinder (carb slide) is installed wrong hung up and not going down to it's seat height.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

haha i did that too to my lil baja. your cylinder is upside down... just flip it around.