Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazumas(am I just lucky?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazumas(am I just lucky?)

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rjdad

Thank you for your kind words...my son is doing better.

Thats too sweet of a pony car!!!! You seem to have married the perfect woman! Not only does she love what most would consider a male sport, but wants in on the action as well! Hold on to her because she is definitely a one in a million. You have to pm me with updates and drag times that pony is producing. I have to admit that you are out of my league when comparing our ponies, however I am right with you brother when it comes to the passion for horsepower and perfomance.

That old saying "there is no replacement for displacement" can only be understood when you have been strapped in and been given the opportunity to experience American Muscle.

Please keep me posted.</end quote></div>
Thanks and yeah she is a keeper! 18 years and she still puts up with me!
I will certainly keep you posted and always good to talk to a fellow Horsepower lover! Your right there is no replacement for displacement...well maybe except a little Nitrous!LOL!

Old 03-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I came to this thread to read about Kazuma's. Instead, most of you are being judgemental over some pics. I'm on the side of the thread originator. Puttin' around the yard, no helmet, big deal! Trail ridin, we wear helmets. We don't wear any special ridin' suits either (My son does wear a chest protector). Jeans, shorts, whatever you are comfortable in. However, I do require tennis shoes after flipping my Kodiak 450 and breaking my little toe while wearing crocs. I'm a firm believer I'd a still broke that toe with anything other than steel toes on. Anyhow, you guys that say no safety gear affects local laws. I have to disagree! There's plenty of motorcycle accidents every year, but most states no longer require you to wear helmets. Those kind of rules and regulations are made by politicians trying to further their careers or serve another term. Example: In KY we are mandated to wear a seatbelt, but we don't have to wear helmets on a motorcycle, oh but wait, it's mandatory for a kid riding his bicycle in the front yard to wear a helmet. Don't let that crap cloud your minds and then flame others. I am all about keeping my kids safe as the next.
In regards to this comment: "All that can be said is that it is hard to contradict a picture." I can post pics of my 9year old son puttin around the yard on my 450 Kodiak. Oh God! A child on a big ol 450, what a bad father I must be! What you didn't see was the dump cart he was pulling behind it. In reality his bike is an E-ton Viper 70 and he's rolled it 3 times in the same 2.5 acre yard. If I just put a pic up of him ridin his 70 with his helmet and chest protector on, you'd think wow, how cute. That's how racism started in this country! People were judged based on the initial picture and not by the true details that accompanied it. My regards to all. Sorry for the long post, but by the time i got to the end of page 2, I had a lot to say.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HiTekRedneck08

Well, I came to this thread to read about Kazuma's. Instead, most of you are being judgemental over some pics. I'm on the side of the thread originator. Puttin' around the yard, no helmet, big deal! Trail ridin, we wear helmets. We don't wear any special ridin' suits either (My son does wear a chest protector). Jeans, shorts, whatever you are comfortable in. However, I do require tennis shoes after flipping my Kodiak 450 and breaking my little toe while wearing crocs. I'm a firm believer I'd a still broke that toe with anything other than steel toes on. Anyhow, you guys that say no safety gear affects local laws. I have to disagree! There's plenty of motorcycle accidents every year, but most states no longer require you to wear helmets. Those kind of rules and regulations are made by politicians trying to further their careers or serve another term. Example: In KY we are mandated to wear a seatbelt, but we don't have to wear helmets on a motorcycle, oh but wait, it's mandatory for a kid riding his bicycle in the front yard to wear a helmet. Don't let that crap cloud your minds and then flame others. I am all about keeping my kids safe as the next.

In regards to this comment: "All that can be said is that it is hard to contradict a picture." I can post pics of my 9year old son puttin around the yard on my 450 Kodiak. Oh God! A child on a big ol 450, what a bad father I must be! What you didn't see was the dump cart he was pulling behind it. In reality his bike is an E-ton Viper 70 and he's rolled it 3 times in the same 2.5 acre yard. If I just put a pic up of him ridin his 70 with his helmet and chest protector on, you'd think wow, how cute. That's how racism started in this country! People were judged based on the initial picture and not by the true details that accompanied it. My regards to all. Sorry for the long post, but by the time i got to the end of page 2, I had a lot to say.</end quote></div>

Thank You, very well put!

Old 03-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Range Rover

I started to jump in on the side of PHILIP@XTREME yesterday, but backed out. Now I'm gonna say my piece. There are too many people in this country trying to dictate what the rest of the us are or are not allowed to do. My rule is simple, if I don't ask you for your opinion, don't give it. I don't need anyone to save me and mine from ourselves. Now my son wears a helmet, closed toed shoes, at times a t-shirt and sometimes shorts when he rides. I will decide when and if he needs more gear. The condescending tone that I read in a couple of the responses were unnecessary. For the couple who responded negatively, just to test your sincerity, how many times have you walked up to someone at your local riding area and laid it out in black and white as you did in this post to PHILIP@XTREME? Me thinks not too many!

Old 03-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SilveradoSS

I started to jump in on the side of PHILIP@XTREME yesterday, but backed out. Now I'm gonna say my piece. There are too many people in this country trying to dictate what the rest of the us are or are not allowed to do. My rule is simple, if I don't ask you for your opinion, don't give it. I don't need anyone to save me and mine from ourselves. Now my son wears a helmet, closed toed shoes, at times a t-shirt and sometimes shorts when he rides. I will decide when and if he needs more gear. The condescending tone that I read in a couple of the responses were unnecessary. For the couple who responded negatively, just to test your sincerity, how many times have you walked up to someone at your local riding area and laid it out in black and white as you did in this post to PHILIP@XTREME? Me thinks not too many!</end quote></div>

I agree 100%, and make no mistake I'm in no way saying that safety is not important but like SilveradoSS said Most of us have been around this stuff long enough to make our own decisions on what or what not to wear while riding. I also agree that to many people try and dictate what everyone else should be doing(not to be confused with good advice). Thanks for the responses.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

HitekRedneck08 did you finish reading my post? The tone in which you describe was your own and not mine. I even said to Philip@xtreme that I was not bashing. I even gave personal testimony why I chimmed in. Even right now if your reading this in anger...that is your emotion and not mine as I am quite calm. To say that racism was started by judgement based on the initial picture and not the details that accompained it is a far stretch. A little history lesson if I may...Do you know the term picnic originated from? Well it was pick a nig!#%. Which on Sundays a group of good ol boys would find a black male and hang him. The term was then shortened to picnic. Now picnic refers to preparing a lunch and enjoying the meal at a park, field, etc.. Racism is the prejudgement of another race by their looks and has nothing to do with any details other than that. Again, I was not bashing then and I am not bashing now. This is still a great forum, and I understand with this post that I am just defeating its true purpose and I will make this the last post on this thread before I am banished form future post by the moderator.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

Wow! I never knew that about "picnic"! Learn something knew everyday!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

I didn't know that about picnic either! Good info! I'll go to work tomarrow and quiz the guys! Anyway, I wasn't trying to single out your comment per say rjdad. I was merely attempting to convey a point about misjudging things without knowing the facts and that particular phrase drove my point home. Your full of good examples just like "picnic." : ) I did not take your post as angry or disgruntled. I will admit that I was aggravated by the time I made my last post, after reading 2 pages of posts and not having read a single post on anbody elses Kazuma experiences other than philip@xtremes at the start of the thread. I apologize rjdad that I did not clarify my intent with that phrase and I apologize if I upset you. Thanks!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow, RJDAD posted the best example of this topic deteriorating into something WAY off the topic. And just to clear up the picnic rantings, which by the way is a HUGE insult to our African American Citizens, the term picnic came from the French Pique-nique originating in France in 1692. It refered to people who brought wine to a dinner and later as a meal in which everyone contributed something. RJDAD,s story is nothing more than an internet urban legend.
Source: Wikipedia

Old 03-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Range Rover

Ha! Ha! You looked it up on Wikipedia too?

Quick Reply: Kazumas(am I just lucky?)