Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazumas(am I just lucky?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazumas(am I just lucky?)

I must first apologize to all that I was aware of the origin of the word picnic as much of you have emailed back with more or less the same result I found. I was taught by my professor that one must examine all angles of a particular subject/topic in order to fully comperhend. Have you ever heard someone say that there is history and his-story. This was a lesson in an attempt to explain that phrase. You are right when you give the origin of picnic, however here is more information that is not revealed. Please refer to the following link http://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/question/jan04.htm

So for Blacks the term picnic was the lynching of a black person, you may disagree, however your acceptance of the term is greatly influenced by which end of the rope you would have been on back then.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those kazumas look like very capable quads ;&gt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, they can be. They may be cheap, but I've learned so much about the mechanics of quads without wasting alot of time and money.
The 2 I own are worth it in many ways.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PHILIP@XTREME

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: itch

the problem i have with your senerio is. you or your wife most likley isn't allowed to race, or even drive that car down the track

in sandles with shorts and no helmet with a small child on her lap like your now deleted pictures show you riding that quad, it seems like if more parents actually were more responsible about saftey on their own maybee children on atv's would,nt need the states and goverment stepping in trying to adopt tons of rules regarding age minimums and saftey equipment on atv's</end quote></div>

Let me clear up one thing about the pics. I am not in any of them,that is a friend of mine on the yellow bike with his kid(he was riding him around very slowly). MY daughter is riding the small bike and riding BEHIND my wife on the utility. And you are right we do suit up in full gear to run the cars at the track. we dont suit up to drive 70 mph down the hwy, or to fly out of town(reaching) accidents can happen anywhere. What i am saying is if we are riding around the yard at slow speed, or putting them in the shop they DO have helmets on but not always full gear and I am ALWAYS right there when they ride,ALWAYS. I do appreciate the concern but splashing through a mudhole at 5 mph with sandles on is not the worst scenario I could think of.</end quote></div>

FWIW -

Well except for the last pick of the girl in sandles on 3-wheels .......that looks to me like it is fast enough to get hurt....

BTW one of the worst crashed I've ever seen happened about 10mph when the person was just "riding slow" around the yard....... just a slip off the pegs resulted in an ankle facing the wrong way and 3-major knee surgeries .....

As far as the machines I would say yeah you are very lucky....most people I know with similar types have nothing but problems...

Old 03-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Range Rover

'BTW one of the worst crashed I've ever seen happened about 10mph when the person was just "riding slow" around the yard....... just a slip off the pegs resulted in an ankle facing the wrong way and 3-major knee surgeries ..... '

Exactly how would closed toed shoes or pants have a positive effect on this particular outcome? These are the risks that we all take every time that we get on these machines.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

Exactly how would closed toed shoes or pants have a positive effect on this particular outcome? These are the risks that we all take every time that we get on these machines.</end quote></div>

i would think that a nice pair of jeans and leather boots would be a nice barrier between bare skin and a hot pipe or motor if you tip or roll

Old 03-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Trailblazer

Philip,
What winch do you have on your dingo and how did you mount it?
Tim

Old 03-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bakermon

Philip,

What winch do you have on your dingo and how did you mount it?

Tim</end quote></div>

Its one from Harbor Freight(2k lb),caught it on sale for $39.99 with the remote normally I think its $59.99. I made a plate and welded it to the ATV then drilled the holes for the winch. I fabbed some brackets and mounted the remote to the plastic front rack.I wired the winch stright to the battery with a inline fuse. Been working GREAT,pulled the others (and itself)out more than a few times!LOL!