Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazumas(am I just lucky?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazumas(am I just lucky?)

I bought 3 Kazumas a 3 years ago to keep some abuse off my good quads(150 sport,150 utility,90youth) and I have to say they have been some of the best ATVs I've had(I paid less than $3k for all three brand new). They REALLY live a hard life(usually in the mud) and my kids beat the crap out of them almost EVERYDAY. They always fire right up without even touching the throttle(electric choke) and have never put me down. I know the cheapies always get a bad rap so i just wanted to put my .02 in. Anyone else had good luck?Name:  mud4wheelers087.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  112.0 KB
Name:  mud4wheelers086.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  107.1 KB

Old 03-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would say you are lucky
in 2 ways ,sandles , shorts ,no helmets, small child in front riding double with no protective gear seems like your very lucky to me nobodys got hurt seriously

Old 03-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: itch

i would say you are lucky

in 2 ways ,sandles , shorts ,no helmets, small child in front riding double with no protective gear seems like your very lucky to me nobodys got hurt seriously</end quote></div>

I was reffering to the ATVs. We were in a mudhole behind the house, when we trail ride we do suit up. And the kids do wear helmets EVERY time they ride.
If you cant comment on the topic at hand then keep your comments as well as your opinions to yourself.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:29 PM
RIP Dear Friend

If you didn't want any comments other than on the quads you shouldn't have posted those pics.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Raptoryfn660r

If you didn't want any comments other than on the quads you shouldn't have posted those pics.</end quote></div>

Im assuming everyone here can read, the thread title and body clearly states what I am reffering to(quality of ATVs). But for those that cant see that ,I edited the post. I have been riding for 20+ years and my daughters have been riding since they were 5. I am in no way saying that accidents cant happen but we have been blessed enough not to have had any. We were splashing back and forth through a mudhole that we could BARELY get through. My wife and both Drag race cars that trap over 160mph(1/4 mile) so I assure you safety is ALWAYS on my mind.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

your kids obviously dont wear protective gear" everytime they ride", unless you told them to take it all off for the pictures! ...and ive seen some of the worst accidents
"just behind the house"or "just loading it in the truck/trailer"

can't take the heat ? deleted the pics huh?

Old 03-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Trailblazer

And for your edited "I'd like to see that 9 sec street WS6!lol!" comment, Heres one wifesName:  gettinitdoneonmotor.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  79.7 KBNote the tag and street tires v
Name:  Dragradiallaunch.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  80.2 KB
and the other
Name:  ws6track.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  102.8 KB
Both tagged and insured and driven. white car has AC,power steering,cruise, gets 19 mpg and has run a 9.71@142mph on pump gas and one system.
Red car runs consistent 9.80's naturally aspirated on drag radials.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>s you can't take the heat ? deleted the pics huh?</end quote></div> I changed the pics to try and keep the thread on topic. And i am in no way saying that safety is not important but if you've seen more accidents than me "behind the house" or "loading up" then maybe YOU need to hone your riding skills a little more!
And I said they wear HELMETS evrytime they ride. If they are riding around the yard at 2mph no I dont make them suit up, trail riding,etc. yes.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

the problem i have with your senerio is. you or your wife most likley isn't allowed to race, or even drive that car down the track
in sandles with shorts and no helmet with a small child on her lap like your now deleted pictures show you riding that quad, it seems like if more parents actually were more responsible about saftey on their own maybee children on atv's would,nt need the states and goverment stepping in trying to adopt tons of rules regarding age minimums and saftey equipment on atv's

Old 03-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer

the problem i have with your senerio is. you or your wife most likley isn't allowed to race, or even drive that car down the track

in sandles with shorts and no helmet with a small child on her lap like your now deleted pictures show you riding that quad, it seems like if more parents actually were more responsible about saftey on their own maybee children on atv's would,nt need the states and goverment stepping in trying to adopt tons of rules regarding age minimums and saftey equipment on atv's</end quote></div>
Let me clear up one thing about the pics. I am not in any of them,that is a friend of mine on the yellow bike with his kid(he was riding him around very slowly). MY daughter is riding the small bike and riding BEHIND my wife on the utility. And you are right we do suit up in full gear to run the cars at the track. we dont suit up to drive 70 mph down the hwy, or to fly out of town(reaching) accidents can happen anywhere. What i am saying is if we are riding around the yard at slow speed, or putting them in the shop they DO have helmets on but not always full gear and I am ALWAYS right there when they ride,ALWAYS. I do appreciate the concern but splashing through a mudhole at 5 mph with sandles on is not the worst scenario I could think of.

Quick Reply: Kazumas(am I just lucky?)