Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Help Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed!

We have one of those little bikes made in china... It is just a little 110.... The kids were out riding on it and it suddenly stopped. It will still start and all that, but it won't move. What could be wrong with it? Nobody in town knows much about these little things and the dealer we bought it from is shut down!! (Of Course)

Please help...

Mary

Old 04-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Range Rover
Default Help Needed!

first of all make sure the chain didn't come off the spockets , if thats not it and the engine revs fine in gear weather its an automatic simiautmatic or manual then no doubt it's the clutch, if you need instuction of how to remove it let me know.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help Needed!

Thank you so much, chineseatvmechanic!! Yes, the chain is on and the engine is fine. Please let me know how to remove the clutch!!

Is this something that can be fixed, or will it need replacing?

ETA: When you pick up the rear of the bike and give it gas, the tires still spin.... Does this still sound like the clutch? Sorry, I just don't know anything about these.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Range Rover
Default Help Needed!

yes it sounds like the clutch, the problem with chinese clone engines is their clutches, the one i just removed had 1 fiction plate and 2 drive plates instead of the 3 friction plates the japenese used.and if the kids abuse the atv like climbing hills in the wrong gear or try and spin the tires or so force the clutch will burn out real quick. to move clutch, first drain engine oil, remove right hand engine case, you will see the clutch now its right in the middle, slide off shift linkage if simi or manual transmission, remove the 4 screws that hold the center cover, next bend back the main nut locking tabs, these tabs keeps the main nut from loosening, remove main nut, this requires a special clutch nut tool, this can be made or purchased, i made mine using a socket and grinding it to make it fit, or you can also use a punch- screw driver to remove this nut, it's not highly torqued but you risk damageing the nut,now slide the clutch off the shaft, to make sure its the clutch, on the back side theirs 2 snap rings, smaller one in the center , (leave this one alone )and the large one, remove this one, it can be removed by just using a screw driver, once this snap ring remove then remove the plates, you need to order the complete clutch assy, i can't find just friction and drive plates. if you have a simi automatic transmission i have a new clutch assy i can sell you $56 includes shipping and you're get it in a couple of days. if interested you can PM for details.
this will only take about 30 minutes to disassemble this

Old 04-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help Needed!

Okay, thanks so much! I have an automatic with no reverse, so I am assuming that your semi-automatic clutch will not work, right? Thanks anyways, though. Where do you think I should order one from?

Old 04-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help Needed!

Do you think this would be a reliable place to purchase just the plates?

http://loncin.ca/schematic.asp...delID=2&SchematicID=6

Everything else looks to be in good shape, but there were alot of little chunks throughout the clutch and the plates are completely wore down.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Range Rover
Default Help Needed!

sounds like a really good place to me. should probably order a couple extra friction plates.