Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Poor, medium, and high quality Chinese ATVs...

Old 05-20-2008, 09:49 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Poor, medium, and high quality Chinese ATVs...

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TwoBoysToys

Chineseatvmechanic - are you a dealer? Do you just repair them? Just curious as to what your background is. You seem to know alot about the imports.</end quote></div>

Its obvious he works for someone in the industry....unfortunately he cant tell us TwoBoysToys. It would be against the rules here. If he worked for someone who advertised here he could tell us. Pretty smart guy in a lot of ways, know's a lot about Chinese quads . And read the rules before posting here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Add Marshin to the high quality list. All the fasteners are upgraded (with numbers on head) and most are locking type nuts. Also all the engine bolts and most of the body bolts and nuts were color marked as being checked at the factory for correct torque.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Range Rover

you can keep adding as many names as you want to the list, it doesn't make it so, it's like saying fords are better than chevy or better yet which japanese atv better yamaha, honda, suzuki or is japanese atv's better than artic cat, cam an or polaris? everybody has an opinio and mine is if you take the same componits and assemble the quad, it going to be the same atv no matter what name on it weather its sunl, jetmoto, taotao or whatever. the chinese assembly plants must buy better quailty parts to make a better quaity quad than the rest. it doesn't matter if it's a $2000 atv or a $1200 atv. someone please prove me wrong, that their atv has better chinese parts than other. it's all in set up, of course this applys only to chinese atv's. since the other manufactures do not share the same parts. this is my last post here on the subject.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: chineseatvmechanic

you can keep adding as many names as you want to the list, it doesn't make it so, it's like saying fords are better than chevy or better yet which japanese atv better yamaha, honda, suzuki or is japanese atv's better than artic cat, cam an or polaris? everybody has an opinio and mine is if you take the same componits and assemble the quad, it going to be the same atv no matter what name on it weather its sunl, jetmoto, taotao or whatever. the chinese assembly plants must buy better quailty parts to make a better quaity quad than the rest. it doesn't matter if it's a $2000 atv or a $1200 atv. someone please prove me wrong, that their atv has better chinese parts than other. it's all in set up, of course this applys only to chinese atv's. since the other manufactures do not share the same parts. this is my last post here on the subject.</end quote></div>

Deny the facts all you want. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Jetmoto buys better parts...what part of that are you strugling with?

Makes me really curious what POS your involved with. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have to side with chineseatvmechanic. The plain and simple truth is that all Chinese ATV's are put together with cheap parts that do not last.
It shows here in the forums. The same questions are asked over and over and over again. Personally I do not see how chineseatvmechanic can answer the same questions so much. People need to run a search. All the answers are there.

Now as far as Jetmoto using some quality parts on their ATVs, I think this is a good start in the right direction. But the thing is not all of the parts are of the so called good quality. Which means that the ones that are of the lesser Chinese quality will wear out faster and then repair is needed on the quad/bike. What Jetmoto has going for them is Raceway who stands by each and every sale they make. I am not trying to pick on Jetmoto here but again I don't think their quad is any better than any other Chinese Quad regardless of parts used. I know for a fact if a Jetmoto or any other Chinese ATV was ridden by my son it would not come back the way it left and that's if it came back at all.

What people need to remember is that MICS are entry level quads to get into the sport. They will not last long with an aggressive rider and should only be used for casual riding i.e. light trail to backyard rides. They serve a purpose for some and are just not the right choice for others.

I put all Chinese ATV's at the bottom of each and every list that anyone may come up with. The plain and simple truth is that they are nothing but a waste of money.

SB.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:03 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: chineseatvmechanic

you can keep adding as many names as you want to the list, it doesn't make it so, it's like saying fords are better than chevy or better yet which japanese atv better yamaha, honda, suzuki or is japanese atv's better than artic cat, cam an or polaris? everybody has an opinio and mine is if you take the same componits and assemble the quad, it going to be the same atv no matter what name on it weather its sunl, jetmoto, taotao or whatever. the chinese assembly plants must buy better quailty parts to make a better quaity quad than the rest. it doesn't matter if it's a $2000 atv or a $1200 atv. someone please prove me wrong, that their atv has better chinese parts than other. it's all in set up, of course this applys only to chinese atv's. since the other manufactures do not share the same parts. this is my last post here on the subject.</end quote></div>

Im going to miss you Bill.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I guess if you put out a recall, that means you didn't use any cheap parts.

I miss him already. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

your tips on the setting the carbs might just help especially as the air filter on one of them ripped off ( its surrounded by frame work so I dont know how it managed to rip it off( maybe when the quad collased when the shock snapped)). I will let you know when Ive set the carb cheers

Old 05-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

wanting to know if you can help with a carb problem on a 250 sunl dune buggy. Cant get it to rev up to a high rpm without it blowing fuel out of the carb. the valves and the compression are good and adjusted correctly. Need some serious help to fix this problem&gt;

Old 07-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

how do i check the alignment of the front & rear sprockets cos the chain on both of my loncin quads keep comming off. cheers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Poor, medium, and high quality Chinese ATVs...