Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Clicking on Acceleration?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking on Acceleration?

Hi all, been reading the forums for a few months. Lots of helpful information for both of my quads. Been able to troubleshoot a few things in the past with the information here.

Anyways, I have a 1 year old Shineray (Chinese GY6 Clone w/ CVT) that's been giving me a weird problem. On heavy acceleration, it makes a loud "click" noise, it keeps clicking every second or so (the heavier the acceleration the faster the clicks) until I ease off of the throttle. It will do this on hills, straight aways, whatever, anytime acceleration is above about 35% throttle. When it clicks, it also jerks, like a slipping transmission. The sound appears to be coming from the front 1/2 of the bike. I can't tell if the sound is coming from the head/valve area, or coming out of the CVT breather tube.

I don't believe that I necessarily beat this thing, but I do accelerate heavily on a regular basis (if that's beating it, then so be it). Heavy acceleration is usually done on beat down grass and some sand, so the tires slip and don't really stress the bike like hard dirt or pavement would do.

Thanks in Advance for any ideas!

Old 08-24-2008, 08:01 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Clicking on Acceleration?

Welcome to the forum WestportRider![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

That clicking sound usually comes from a misalignment of the front and rear sprockets. Its the chain skipping on the sprocket teeth.