Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Wrong Drain Plug

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrong Drain Plug

Saw this problem listed with no answer. Trying again. BMX 110 has what appears to be two (2) oil drain plugs. The large bolt is the oil drain plug. The small bolt has a spring about 2" long that is pressed into a galley of some sort by the bolt. Anybody know FOR SURE what this spring does???? ALSO--is there supposed to be oil or gear lube in the clutch housing????? Is the slotted screw in cap on top of the clutch housing the oil fill hole if the clutch does in fact get oil???? ALSO--what is causing the 10 Amp fuse at the battery to blow out on a regular basis? Grounds and wiring is all good from what I can see. One last ALSO---where can you get a service manual for this ATV???? Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Range Rover
Default Wrong Drain Plug

no it's not 2 drain plugs, i've answered this question a million times already. the 14mm plug is the automatic timing chain tensioner, the 17mm plug is the oil drain plug. the spring keeps the tension on lever that rubs against the timing chain.
again on the left side of the engine is not the clutch, it's the stator and flywheel,

the cover with the coin slot is the timing hole cover,no oil here. the oil fill is on the right side of the engine towards the back, it should have a crome cap and once removed will have a oil dip stick on it to check the oil level.the clutch is also on the right side and it is a wet clutch.

the reason you're blowing fuses is their's probably a bare wire connector somewhere in the wiring harness, shortening out with the other wireing or frame.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Wrong Drain Plug

Thanks for the info--just what I was looking for. Sorry I missed the first million answers but I have only been on for two days!!!!