Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

SUNL 90 Easy Performance Tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUNL 90 Easy Performance Tips

Ok, I know a lot of people HATE sunl. As a company I do to and I know most of there stuff is trash, but for the people out there without a load of cash with the right mods and proper preventative maintenance they can be fairly decent quads. I bought my boy a 2006 SLA 90 brand new in 06. First things first lets go with the PM.

1. Check ALL bolts and its not a bad idea to put some locktite on them
2. Run that thing for about 30 minutes to get rid of that gel pack
3. Find a simple on off valve for the gas to save you some future pains
4. Get the 3 inch wheel spacers for the front and the back. This widens the stance, makes it handle better, and softens up the suspension a lot.
5. Check to make sure the inline fuel filter isn't installed backwards
6. Take a 1/2" drill bit and while the machine is running drill out the baffles in the exhaust. You will know once you have completed this because it suddenly sounds like a little harley
7. To compensate for the drilling of the exhaust take your carb jet and get a micro bit. Find the one that fits in there perfect and then grab the next size up and drill out the jet.

Once you do all of these things its a COMPLETELY different machine. I turned it on after drilling out the jet yesterday and tuned the carb. I hit the gas on THE DRIVEWAY. I was standing next to it and I floored it to make sure I had the carb adjusted where it wouldn't bog. Needless to say it didn't. It spun the back tires and took off. It damn near ran up my left leg. Try this with any of these small chinese atvs. Don't bother trying to figure out the jet size because no one knows what they are just drill the stock one out a little bit. Hope this helps.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Range Rover

sorry guy, but you can do all the preventive maintenance you want on the sunl 90cc, locktighting, saftety wiring, exhaust drilling,ect, but it's not going to stop the frame from breaking. the sunl 90 and 95 is pure junk. by the way i have an extra frame, do you need one?

Old 09-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer

I guess I got lucky with mine. I have had it for almost 3 years and my boy has ridden that thing hard and no frame issues yet. if it does break its a simple fix anyways. Just weld it.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

How about posting the drill size. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Trailblazer

I wish I knew man. I had my mechanic do it. He said he just took a bit that fit perfectly snug in the jet and then grabbed the next size up from that and drilled it out. I tell you what. It made a hell of a difference. I was shocked.