Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

V-BIKE 125

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-BIKE 125

I just ordered a V-Bike 125 this weekend and was wondering if you guys with v-bikes changed the oil before you started it and then changed it again after the break-in or if you changed it only once after or before break-in?
Also are these shipped with the gel pack in the float bowl and is it easier to take the float bowl off and remove the gel pack and not have to worry about letting the engine idle for 30 minutes so that the gel dissolves and doesn't clog any jets?

Old 11-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default V-BIKE 125

i just bought my son a 150 v3, i let it idle for 30 mins then changed the oil, let him ride it about 1hr then changed oil again. he is working 2hrs now and i am going to change it 1 more time and then let it go for break in period. just to make sure there are no metal flakes in there.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default V-BIKE 125

The oil that comes in them isn't worth a darn. I would not even fire it up with that stuff in it.

Get some 10W40 oil and put in it. I would then run it for a 30Min or so like dave.570 said and then drain it again and refill. I usually change my oil after each extended ride.

As far as a gel pack in the carb, I didn't have any in the four MIC ATVs that I have maintained. I personally think that there never was such a thing. The biggest thing that potentially makes the initial start-up hard, and not always, is the fuel in the carburator from the factory that is by now stale by the time you get it. The engines are pre-run at the factory.

Pour some fresh high octane gas in the gas tank, turn on the fuel petcock valve, then drain the carburator bowl just a little with the carburator bowl drain screw. This will alow fresh gas into the carb. Startup should be easy.

I recommend mixing Stabil gas additive to your gas berfore pouring it into the tank. Stabil will prevent the gas from going bad when your are storing the ATV for any length of time. You can pick up Stabil at Walmart.

Hope you enjoy the new ride.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default V-BIKE 125

Thanks

I'll post back once the bike comes in.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default V-BIKE 125

Ok, so I have tightened and put loc-tight on all bolts and was in the process of changing the oil and there were two bolts on the botom of the engine. I asumed the smaller one to the left side (if you are sitting on the bike) was the oil drain because it was a little lower and at a slight angle but when I took it off a spring about 3 1/2" long and coated with oil shot out as well as a little oil. I did manage to get it back in and i didn't see anything else that might have come out with the spring (I had a pan for the oil to drain into). After that I removed the second larger bolt and drained the oil.

What is this spring for and should I add oil to it?

I'll post some pics this evening if it helps.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default V-BIKE 125

I think the bolt I removed is part no. 14 and the sping is no. 6 on the attached picture.

Name:  oilplug.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  24.1 KB

Old 12-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default V-BIKE 125

Im not familiar with the 125 but from that exploded view it looks to me like that could be the spring for the timing chain tensioner. I don't think you would need to add any oil to that spring cavity. The oil splash from within the engine should lubricate it.

From your earlier post I was thinking it might have been the spring and oil screen filter but not now.

So did you get get it up and running? Nice graphic pic buy the way, very helpful.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default V-BIKE 125

I found a guy at work that rebuilds Honda motorcycles and minibikes and he provided me with a parts manual for a honda z50 which is very similar to the engine in the v-bike 125. I brought the bike to his house and he verified that it is the spring for the timing chain tensioner and helped to tune the carb. i have to say that this little bike is pretty impresive even with me on it (220 lbs.) and I haven't had the throttle opend up all the way yet to see what it will do. After the first two tanks of fuel i'll change the oil again and open up the throttle on the street with my GPS to see how much this little bike has. I think it will be a while before my kids (8 and 10) will outgrow it.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default V-BIKE 125

Glad to hear you are up and running, hope the kids have fun with it.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default V-BIKE 125

We had a problem with trash in the carb. It was causing the float to get stuck and was flooding the engine. After talking to Tim from v-bike i was able to clean it out but i think a piece got stuck in none of the jets and was causing very poor performance. Tim shipped me a new carb and two days later the bike was running great. I changed the fuel filter before installing the new carb.

Quick Reply: V-BIKE 125