Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Good Beginners ATV....Any Ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Beginners ATV....Any Ideas??

I am fairly new to the ATV scene. Everyone in my family has an ATV or Dirt Bike to ride. We are a military family living in Germany but moving to Colorado. My 5 yr old has a Chinese ATV (Roketa 110cc) that he loves riding. It is not made with the best craftsmanship but he enjoys it. I didn't want to spend a heck of a lot on a first time ATV that he will destroy. I will save that for the next one. My 8 yr old has a Tomberlin XS 90 Dirt Bike that he enjoys, but wants an ATV as well. When we get to Colorado, they both want to get into some type of ATV racing. Does anyone have any ideas of some good 4 wheelers that will last but not too harsh on the pocket book? I know that if they want to get into the sport, it will cost, and I agree. But until they are really into it and want to stick with it, then I will shell out the cash for the great ones. So please, if there are any suggestions, shoot them to me. I like constructive critisism, but take it easy on the bashing. Like I said, I am new to the sport. My wife and I have big bore atv's made to crawl through the worst mud holes. We know nothing on the sport quads.

Thanks,

Old 03-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are companies which make smaller sport atvs, mainly for kids. i wouldnt start your 8year old on 250 yet, but you could spend like $1,000 on a redcat 150cc quad an see how much he likes it. if he is still serous in a year or two still then a honda 250ex would more than fill the bill. it has a stall proof clutch so he can gain confidence and not destroy the thing. plus its still plenty fun for anyone to ride!

Old 03-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5 and 8. Look around for an older model Suzuki LT80. Small in size but peppy and can be hopped up if you want. Very reliable. Best of all, if you are reasonably careful in your search for one, you could buy a used one, use it for a few years and sell it for about the same $$$.

Jaybee