Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

'05 Eton no power at all

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 Eton no power at all

I have a 2005 Eton that has no power when turning the ignition switch to on. There's constant power on the red wire, but no power on the other three wires with the switch on or off. Does anyone know how to check voltage across ignition switch to determine if the switch is the problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Jennifer

Old 03-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You didn't say which model eton. I looked at the wiring diagram of the viper 70. Lets see if yours is the same:

Four wires:

Black: Ties to engine ground.
Red: Goes to Battery plus terminal through main fuse
Brown: Provides switched 12 volt power to lights and accesories
White/Black: Wires in series with other kill switches to CDI

This is a two pole switch (two independent switches ganged together). In the off position all wires are disconnected from one another. In the on position the red wire is connected to the brown wire, and the black wire is connected to the white/black wire.

You can verify this with an ohmmeter. Pop out the main fuse before doing this to keep the 12 volts from the battery from messing up any measurements.

Wiring diagrams for eton quads are available here:

Eton Wiring Diagrams

Lynn Edwards

Old 03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the very same problem with my 2007 Eton Vector 250. Got it without an ignition switch. I just got a ignition for it today and installed it. Work ok. LCD lit up. However, it didn't always light up when i turned the ignition and the having the switch on. I would have to turn the key on and off a few times for the LCD to work. Seemed like a short somewhere. I ran it around for a little while. Then all of a sudden, it goes dead. Nothing, no lights, no LCD. It did this while I was riding. Engine just shut off.

I pulled the plug to the ignition and I am getting 12 volts to the ignition wire and switch. Even when I turn the ignition on and switch on, I here a clicking noice like it is trying to connect. I can't figure it out. All fuses under the seat are good. I don't know of any other fuses to check.

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I think our issues are the same. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Fixed my problem. Took the new ignition and rerouted the wires in order to get the LCD and ignition to work. Switch on the handlebars is bypassed but all other functions work fine. Now she runs like a charm.