Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Holy Cow what a diff!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Holy Cow what a diff!!!

My son's eton 90 .....its ALOT faster in the sand ...totaly happy with the mods . If someones thinking of doing these modes do it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dvndGPz5OM

Old 05-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by sand45
My son's eton 90 .....its ALOT faster in the sand ...totaly happy with the mods . If someones thinking of doing these modes do it!!

YouTube - 043

Looks nice! What mods did you do to it?

Old 05-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

54mm bore ...boysen reeds...45mm stuffer crank...hetrick pipe ...hetrick cdi....5.0 gr weights up front ....1500 torq spring... 2000 rpm clutch springs and drilled shoes.

I wish someone made a bigger gas tank for these's bikes.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:56 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No carb???? Also, I'd get rid of the drilled shoes and buy an aluminum clutch. You can drill it to nothing and it'll still weigh twice as much.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like it pulls pretty hard up the hill...I am with raptorlegs though if you haven't added a bigger carb I'm sure it would make a huge difference on that big bore motor.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer

have a 2005 eton 70, just got it and it looks brand new. just got a koso cylinder, at kool kid's in NJ now, having a keihn carb, clutch kit, new reed's, intake as wellas a pipe now. pretty excited to see the performance. Corey is going to put a ddr pipe on it. He tells me he runs one on his race quad. Is this the best pipe for this quad.

Attached Thumbnails Holy Cow what a diff!!!-foiur-wheelers-005.jpg  
Old 05-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

The stock clutch pack weighs 715 oz.....WOW! I really dont know how much i ended taking off . I just didnt know if there was a point of to much off??? What dose a aluminum clutch pack weigh? I really dont want to do the bigger carb.....becuse we dune ride and this 120 jet is drinking the fuel like crazy ...im afraid with the bigger carb will drink the fuel even more!! Dose anyone make a bigger tank for these etons like a desert tank??

Old 05-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The DRR pipes are good.
They look like a technigas pipe to me.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:51 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sand45
The stock clutch pack weighs 715 oz.....WOW! I really dont know how much i ended taking off . I just didnt know if there was a point of to much off??? What dose a aluminum clutch pack weigh? I really dont want to do the bigger carb.....becuse we dune ride and this 120 jet is drinking the fuel like crazy ...im afraid with the bigger carb will drink the fuel even more!! Dose anyone make a bigger tank for these etons like a desert tank??
It'll help with your stall. Help turn those paddles if you're running them. Trust me, they are a lot lighter.

Honestly, I don't know how you got your stock carb jetted right??? The bowl really isn't big enough either. I had a 20mm Kehin but I'd probably recommend a 24-28mm. I never had that big of problem with fuel. Mine would run a couple hours on a tank, no problem. Sheesh, you've come this far, you might as well finish it right.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

I would imagine you would see a huge power increase with a bigger carb on that engine now with all the mods that you have done to it...With the bigger carb you might not neccesarily get worse gas mileage..I would think the engine would be making so much more power you could probably only use half or 3 quarter throttle and still have all the power you have now at full throttle..The nice part is you would have that much more power when you pin it!....Also I know that the viper tanks usually don't tend to drain all of the way to the bottom...The reserve on ours doesn't even really work..Can you verify if yours is running completely dry?...Perhaps there is a fix for this that might give you a little more range?..I have never really checked into why they are like that..

Quick Reply: Holy Cow what a diff!!!