Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Atomik Quad 110cc - Auto Clutch Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atomik Quad 110cc - Auto Clutch Problem

G'day to all,

I have bought a repaired Atomik Raider 110CC Loncin engine fully automatic ( no reverse) Quad Bike for the kids.

The defect was a burnt out clutch, due to over weight person riding the quad.

The repair was to replace the clutch with a clutch from a 110cc Lifan engine, fully automatic.

The problem that i have now, is that the clutch stays engaged. Is there a trick or adjustment that we have missed in the process of putting it together.

Can someone please give me an idea to where I should go to seek more information on a clutch assembly fitting manual or what is the process to fitting one of these clutches correctly.

Thanks for your assistance.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:03 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum The Judge !

On the right side of the engine(while sitting on the quad) is a cover plate...Remove the screws holding that on and loosen the nut that is on screw sticking out of the cases...back the nut off and then loosen the screw....when it gets loose lightly tighten it....loosen it 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn and while holding the screw with a screwdriver, tighten the nut... This should give you a aotu clutch again.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

G'day Mywifesquad, thanks for the welcome !

Well, i'm still having problems with this clutch, we did the screw adjustments but that didn't work.

Firstly does a LIFAN Engine clutch fit on a LONCIN engine ?

I have found a clutch drawing, the LIFAN clutch looks the same and i have checked to see if all the parts are correct, which they are.

The problem i have is when the clutch is fitted onto the spline and the little primary drive gear sits behind the clutch, and then that little primary drive gear engages to the flywheel, it seems to all jam ( engage) from tha point and thats without locking it on. I don't have a drawing on the fitting the clutch to the shaft.

The items, Collar, center guide bushing, little primary drive gear is all correct.

So, it seems something i'm missing, or this LOCIN/LIFAN engines are not compatible items, they look similar though.

What are your thoughts. !! Have you seen this problem elsewhere

Old 07-26-2009, 01:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

G'day Mywifesquad again,

I have just been advised from a motor mechanic to presoak the friction pads in oil and then build the clutch up again.

I have done all that and put the whole assembly back together and went for a start ( with rear wheels on the blocks).

Yet again the clutch is still engaged, so the next thing is to start it up and hopefully ride it to see if it will loosen up.....hopefully..!!!!

Didn't know this was going to such a problem. I have a Buggy 110cc, not a problem, a motor bike 125cc, not a problem.....but a quad !! wow !

Old 07-27-2009, 11:27 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Are you sure you put it together correctly? Removed all the old friction and solid plates? Soaking the plates is important...but cant imagine thats the problem. I would recheck the assembly and make sure its adjusted correctly..

Last edited by mywifesquad; 07-28-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

if your question was not really answered in this thread, i bet there are some other threads which address this issue. so feel free to look around. btw, welcome to the forums.