Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Sundiro 90 weird starting thing, lol.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey paul, thanks for responding. You mean i can replace just the boot? I thought the whole ignition coil would have to be changed. Also its funny you say about that terminal thing being missing, it is made to fit the smaller one. But the threads on top the plug are kinda stripped from me taking it in and out 500 times in the past few days lol. when i put a different plug in there(different number) just to see how it fit, it seemed much tighter. But yeah i haven't had the chance to get a new plug yet, i'm eager to get out there. i was thinking about it being fouled, and i thought it was very unlikely because for some reason i thought fouled plugs would still spark but weakly. thinking about it, i realized they won't spark....at least 90% of the ones i change in my sleds don't when fouled. so i'm hoping it may just be that.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Get two plugs. It always helps to have a spare. Especially when diagnosing no spark. Wet plugs usually will not spark. Plugs that have too much black carbon buildup might have a weak spark.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer

yeah i will pick up two. that's the funny thing, the plug wasn't black or discolored or anything like that, it didn't look fouled to me at all, but maybe sometimes it doesn't matter what it looks like, it could just be done. i'm gonna go tomorrow and hopefully get back working on it friday evening. then if no spark with new plug, i will test the electrical system i found a great thread on another site explaining a good way to test the electrial system.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Trailblazer

Nope. lol. it wasn't the plug; i changed it and it seemed like the first kick it had a very weak spark, i felt it with my hand. then it didn't have any spark. i disconnected all wires individually and tested, then reconnected all wires then re-tested, to no avail...i tried to locate my cdi box and apparently i have a 4 pin kind. so that voids any test i read elsewhere lol. the thing is it seemed to weakly spark then didn't spark at all. could it be the ignition coil? it seems like that could be it. idk tho. i'm not sure where to go next.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Trailblazer

where is the cdi usually located? i thought i found it today but apparently not. it seems most chinese 90's are 5 pin cdi's. maybe i found the wrong thing. where is it usually?

Old 04-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SundiroSunray90
where is the cdi usually located? i thought i found it today but apparently not. it seems most chinese 90's are 5 pin cdi's. maybe i found the wrong thing. where is it usually?
Here are pic's of generic chinese 5 pin and 4 pin CDI's:

Name:  50cc-cdi.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  19.2 KB

Name:  4pinCDI.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  29.7 KB

The 5 pin CDI is AC powered off the stator, while the four pin CDI is powered off 12 volts DC from the ignition switch.

They are usually located up high in a protected place since there is moderately high voltage on them. Look up under the gas tank toward the front. The connecters may be a different color.

Can you find anything on your quad that looks like those?

Old 04-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Trailblazer

Lynn thank you very much for responding. i've seen your posts on other threads and they've been extremely helpful. I'm going to go outside now and try to locate the CDI. When I come back, i will update you with what i find. thanks again.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Trailblazer

Ok, I just came in from outside. I looked for about 45 mins and this is the closest thing i found that looks like a cdi. Is this it?

EDIT-

i've been researching and apparently this is the voltage regulator. shoot. its dark now, it'll have to wait til tomorrow. i don't know why i can't find it, it must be in some weird place. ok tomorrow i will have it. thanks again.

Attached Thumbnails Sundiro 90 weird starting thing, lol.-cdi-.jpg  
Old 04-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

Also Lynn to answer your question on the other thread i posted on, yes, about a week ago i did get intermittent spark, i even got it running. but ever since i knocked the spark plug boot i haven't been able to get anything substantial out of it. ALTHO i will say that last night, when i was testing the new spark plug, i touched the plug with my hand and i did feel a very weak spark for the first and second kick, but after that i got nothing.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SundiroSunray90
Ok, I just came in from outside. I looked for about 45 mins and this is the closest thing i found that looks like a cdi. Is this it?

EDIT-

i've been researching and apparently this is the voltage regulator. shoot. its dark now, it'll have to wait til tomorrow. i don't know why i can't find it, it must be in some weird place. ok tomorrow i will have it. thanks again.
Yes, it is definately the regulator.

Quick Reply: Sundiro 90 weird starting thing, lol.