Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Sundiro 90 weird starting thing, lol.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO apparently this company i bought the coil from are 'out of stock' but they 'expect more this week'. i don't get that, i bought it off ebay. like one of those buy it now things. how is that out of stock? why would it be posted on ebay in the first place if they didn't have any? why didn't i get a notification that it was out of stock? i ordered it a week ago, were they just going to wait for who knows how long until I started wondering where the heck my part is and call customer service?

Sorry guys had to rant. Stuff like this bugs me, that store should have sent me an email ASAP telling me that part was out of stock. And get this! If you click this link to the part description on their website, it says 1000 available quantity.

50cc, 70cc, 90cc, 110cc, 125cc Ignition Coil

What gives? Again sorry guys, just had to rant a bit.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This has become common, unfortunately. In the past a lot of arrogant sellers got away with this knowing that most customers wouldn't leave negative feedback out of fear that the seller would retaliate and leave negative feedback in return. But the rules have changed. Now if the buyer leaves negative feedback the seller is barred from reciprocating. By all means use that power and leave negative feedback - but do this after you receive the part. Otherwise you may never receive the part. You may find that others will follow your example and start leaving negative feedback of their own. Arrogant sellers should be put out of business.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer

I actually just posted that i was still waiting for my shipment notification, but i checked ebay and guess what? they shipped it! so cool guys it should be here i guess in a few days. i'll let you know as soon as it gets here. lol.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Trailblazer

It's here! It came today guys. So it turned out ok after all. I'm still waiting on the CDI, but I don't expect that until next week. Bit of not so fun news though, I'm away at school so I won't be able to work on the quad until next weekend. I'll be sitting here all week just starting at this ignition coil and then the CDI just dying to go out and try them. Well, I'm hoping this here coil just might solve my problem.

Ok yall, I'l keep you updated. I'll let you know when the CDI comes. That's the next thing. lol.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Trailblazer

ok guys the CDI came in. it looks just like mine. now i just have to sit here all week and wait until next weekend when i can work on it.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Trailblazer

Well its Friday! finally. not sure if i'll be able to go out there tonight by the time i get home, but first thing tomorrow. i'm excited lol.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

I hope that the parts you ordered will fix the problem.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Trailblazer

Well rjdad I really appreciate your words, but neither part fixed the problem. I tried various combinations of new and old parts, and i checked every single wire I could find, all the connections looked ok. there was not a single spark to be had. i guess it was the ol' stator after all.

I'm not really sure where to go now. I guess the next thing would be check the outputs of the stator, which i just identified tonight. i don't have an ohmmeter, but an uncle does and he's an electrician and knows a thing or two about these things so i think i'm just gonna have him diagnose the electrical system. if i watch i'll learn.

again thanks guys for you help so far, if there's anything at all you'd like to add please do.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry about the disappointing results. There are so many unknowns here.

I do think it is worthwhile to measure the stator output voltages (power supply and trigger). We kind of jumped over that step earlier based on some plausible assumptions, and went instead for replacing the CDI and coil. It didn't work out, and it is time to retrench and start again.

To get spark you need a good coil and spark plug. The coil needs to get a moderately high voltage narrow pulse (a few hundred volts). The CDI provides this. The CDI needs a power supply to charge up a capacitor to couple hundred volts, and a trigger pulse to tell it when to dump the stored voltage onto the coil primary. It is time to start measuring these in a methodical manner. This won't be easy because of the unknowns, but it can be done. It does require a meter and accurate measurements.

Do you know anyone with an oscilloscope? What I'm wondering is if the trigger and power supply voltages to the CDI (from the stator) are generic standard. If that is the case perhaps we can rewire to use standard off the shelf CDI and coils.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

no one i know has one of those lol. but yeah i'm gonna start methodically measuring everything until i can narrow it down to something. i mean obviously the cdi and coil are new so they should be fine.