Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

E-ton Rascal 40 no power

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-ton Rascal 40 no power

Hi Gang,
I have an e-ton rascal that I got a few years ago for my twins. They beat the heck out of it for several years but have outgown it. The last time they rode it was a year ago in the snow. It seemed to be fine and they put it away. I have a younger one now who is ready to start riding it. I got it out last spring and started it up. It started fine but had no power. It reved up and seemed to run fine at full RPM's with the back wheels off the ground. As soon as it was on the ground it just had no pull out power. It would start to move if he was on it and pointed in a staight line but would not turn or go up hill. I pulled the carb and cleaned it with no changes. I then pulled the motor and ripped into it. The clutch was shot. I went to the local dealer who was able to order parts. He advised that since I had it that far down I should replace the rings and freshen things up. He looked at the cylinder and piston and said they looked great. I put in new rings, wrist pin and bearings, new clips and the cyliner base gasket. I got it all together last night and the kids couldnt wait to see it run again. It started up after a few pulls but there was a tapping sound and it still had no power. I shut it down pretty quickly but am stumped.
Sorry for the long message but I am looking for anyone with any experience on them to give me a few ideas of what to try next.
Thanks in advance,
Todd

Old 02-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry

Guys, I am sorry for not looking first. I checked the other day and didnt see anything in her on the problem. I just posted my message and when the list came up I saw someone had exactly the same problem just a few threads under mine. Sorry to waste your time. I will follow his post and see what comes up.
Thanks again,
Todd

Old 07-28-2023, 05:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

old post but please give a link to that post or tell me what the issue was have the same problem